Rusted Hoist

Have been so many good submissions lately, I thought I had better contribute something of my own. I dunno, a rusted washing line just doesn’t seem the appropriate motif to me. Maybe I’m wrong. The wine naming and labelling bizzo does seem to attract an odd crew. 1 2 3 4 5 6 You may need to slap on 4 litres of Lynx before tackling this box. Frank C, got any outre names in the relatives brews? Red Ring Reamer? They export to Taiwan I see.

This entry was posted in worst name and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Rusted Hoist

Is that an electrocuted cat on the Hills? Or is rat?

“100% WA”! Looking for that birthmark.

I heard that they initially wanted to call it ‘rusty trombone’

I see they also churn out the Gecko Creek.

The Skink Slop can’t be too far away.

4. monkeypants says:

on a completely unrelated note, i was chatting with a friend from Perthvegas last night, who told me that there were looters heading up to Toodyay after the fires (his mum lives up there)/

How putrid is that FFS? The fucking worst of people still surprises me.

On the table is a bottle of New Zealand Chardonnay, half empty: the label has a picture of a hawk in flight and the wine comes from Sophie’s Vineyard, her 2002 vintage. Wines have become cheerful and user-friendly; the mystique has been banished, along with the old dour wine makers with nose-hair. They drink a wine called Rickety Bridge and sometimes a red called Chocolate Block, and another called Big Ass Zinfandel.

from Justin Cartwright’s latest, To Heaven By Water

6. Onanist says:

Fairly worst, but not as worst as that fucking “Bare Rooted” label.

Obliquely on topic, I have just returned from Dunsborough where I am not sure what was more confronting; the massive waves at Smith’s Beach or the imported 4WDs clogging up Coles’ car park.