Some Spoils of Smartarsery

Well after the media outrages of yesterday, finally some good news. The wine I was promised by Air New Zealand after whingeing about their shark attack stats finally arrived in a lovely box. In keeping with worst tradition, it has a terrible name. Swamp reserve? Excellent. I will save this to savour. Reminds me of a post by Brett at Free Beer, where “Peel Wines” were wondering why they had trouble with international marketing. Free Beer doesn’t seem to have a search box strangely, so I can’t link to his excellent wine marketing posts.

airnzcomp

coopers creek swamp reserve

coopers creek swamp reserve

This entry was posted in *Worst of New Zealand, worst advertising, worst food, worst name and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Some Spoils of Smartarsery

1. Grrr says:

Gosh. This post is already indexed by Google.

Anyone looking to purchase Coopers Creek Swamp Reserve in Perth will be so disappointed that it (the wine, not the post) does not seem to be available.

2. Bill O'Slatter says:

Wot u talkin about Willis ? As Grrr points out Google now same day indexing : search boxes now irrelevant. Use “search text” site:whatever.com e.g wine marketing site:freebeer.com.au in the google text box.

• You want me to go out of the site to find a whole list of mostly not relevant posts, where a simple search box would keep me in the site and go straight there? No the search box is not irrelevant. The search is internal to the blog, not the same as having a google search field.

3. Groucho says:

Swamp Reserve….a Chardonnay with a bit of a bite to it.
    Should go down well in Louisiana.

4. Cookster says:

Well done TLA – we both got presents in the mail today. You got Kiwi piss and I got ‘Love Cuffs’ and ‘Fetishist Key Chains’. Still waiting on the Love Rockets.

I see from your gravitar you took my advice and trading in last year’s model for the new one, however I am disappointed that you did not manage to get your head closer to her chest.

6. Cookster says:

Skink, don’t worry about my head, think about my happy left hand.

7. Coopers Creek Swamp Reserve Hawke’s Bay NZ Chardonnay 2007

“Stylish wine with a long and succesful history of earning top awards. Its an accessible wine with an array of peach, nectarine, sizzled butter, bready yeast lees and subtle spicy oak. The wine has an impecable balance – the winemaker deserves to be congratulated for orchestrating such a harmonious collection of divergent flavours and making them work so well.” 93/100
    Bob Campbell, one of only 264 Masters of Wine in the world.

8. Pingback: Weekend Worstoff 54 « The Worst of Perth