Weekend Worstoff 54

Someone calling themselves T Pinder (no relation) sent in this. Although it was from a few years ago it is still a resonating worst. They say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but I think that prize can go to number plates. What a wag. Put gaffer over the G and hey presto! An idiot.

week54rapeCookster is really getting into his role as Mr Sexpo. Apparently he’ll be “riding” a float in the main parade. We both got payola this week. Me some NZ wine, and the Cookster thses love cuffs. When my wine is long drunk, Cookster’s cuffs will keep on giving. I seem to remember that early on I featured some of these. Can’t remember when.

week54cuffsFrank Calabrese submits a link. Frank says, Rob Fletcher, who panels for Maumill has posted, despite his facebook
status being set to private, pictures from one of the 96fm/6PR Xmas Party’s – check out Sattler and Gary Shannon amongst others. (Link removed).

Remember the Condor crappy door controversy the other day? Well Bento went past and saw it removed. Can the owners have been stung into some door replacement action by TWOP? Or did they remove it temporarily because it wasn’t big enough to get machinery in? Probably the latter unfortunately.

week54condoroffcondorWorst well this weekend. Some nice submissions have come in for next week.

This entry was posted in weekend worstoff, worst design, worst people and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to Weekend Worstoff 54

1. Grrr says:

“You said rape twice.”
    “I like rape”

On a related matter: http://news.bmezine.com/2009/03/09/the-man-with-the-worlds-most-tasteless-tattoos/ (probably NSFW ads)

My lack of FB stops me from seeing the sad Xmas party pics. Oh well.

I think your wine is giving already. I must say poorly made “love cuffs” are tedious more than Worst. Still, at least you can’t lose the key.

The Love Cuffs previously posted were, if I recall, a discarded box somewhere.

• Frank Calabrese says:

Oh and our Gaffer covering friend may not realise that covering the G is in fact a breach of the Road Traffic Act and if pulled up by Mr Plod he may find that he will be making a financial contribution to the Troy Buswell slush fund :-)

I never knew his surname, but of course now I recognise the very personable Rob from his younger days at 6UVS, (I think). Did Flash Gordon skive off ?

These may or may not work for you, Grrr, but I’ll give ’em a try. (TLA Was thought better to remove these links.)

Avagoodweegend.

• Grrr says:

Awesome. Nice to see Howard leans to the right when drinking.
      He’s no Glenn Milne, but still…. That’s a keeper.

Next week on 6PR: Facebook outrage.

• Frank Calabrese says:

Yep, Rob did work for UVS/RTR. Re Flash, he only works casual on the weekends – during thne week he’s house husband for his 9 yr old son, while his wife works full time as a lawyer from memory.

Snuff,

Thanks for uploading those two pics – that Sattler one is legendary – and why wasn’t Despene at the party ?

3. shazza says:

Yep the pic of Howie is the money shot!

4. naka says:

Grape as in, hung like a?

5. Frank Calabrese says:

The TVW Reunion Website in which our own Bret Treasure is on the organising committe is up – with lots of photos and some videos as well :-)

6. Frank Calabrese says:

And check out this picture of Telethon 1974 with Fat Cat Mark 1 – the calorie challenged feline has undergone a number of changes in appearance over the years.

• Grrr says:

Surprising how much Fat Cat looks like the Steamboat Willie version of The Mouse.

And how Percy is a bit gay.

But certainly that can’t be Dixie Marshall between then, can it? And Geoff Newman has barely aged at all. How Dorian Gray is this pictute?

• Frank Calabrese says:

Nah, Dixie was only a young girl in 1974 :-) It’s sandy Palmer, who later got married and became Sandy Baker and was the Children’s Channel 7 host who replaced Trina Brown.

7. Hugh Jass says:

Hah! Love the pics of Rattler. Great work. Rob is actually a facebook friend of mine, (is that something to be ashamed of?)…. I know him through someone else and saw him in my “people you may know” list on FB, so I added him as a friend. He accepted me, even though he has NFI who I am. Maybe he needs all the friends he can get?

• Frank Calabrese says:

Actually I should add that I got the link to Rob’s photos page from a photo from the Party posted at Peter Vlahos’ page where I got to via Peter Brennan’s (Johnny Youngs producer) via a 6IX Fan page.

So it seems once someone links to a photo of themselves from another Facebook person, the link goes back to the original photo album page despite whatever privacy measures you have on the main page itself.

• So Sattler on a couch is supposed to be private viewing only?

• Frank Calabrese says:

In theory yes :-) In practice, once someone posts a photo linked to said photo album – it ain’t so private – though the rest of your facebook page is.

• And too too late the pages are blocked. Not before reader Snuff has posted to another page. You need to be faster Rob. Or more careful at the beginning.

• Frank Calabrese says:

Geez they’re such slow learners at Fairfax :-) And I wonder what Sattler’s blog topic will be ? :-)

• Perhaps Riddance will go with, “Can’t a man trip backwards and fall onto a couch without being snapped by a colleague, and then the colleague not properly securing his pics, and then someone else notices and the colleague finds out, and the colleague blocks them, but not before some cunt in japan posts to another website?

• Bento says:

A little convoluted for the target audience, LA. Probably more along the lines of: “The internet: is it just a hunting ground for paedos, or is it for cyberbullies too? Discuss.”

• Frank Calabrese says:

And according to tomorrow night’s A Current Affair, the Hypocrite Rattler is going all tut tut over Perth’s Rich Kids behaving badly using daddy’s money while the rest of the community suffer due to the GFC.

Talk about Pots and Kettles – especially in light of THAT photo :-)

• Frank Calabrese says:

And 6PR now has a Twitter page which consists of nothing but promotions of upcoming shows.

• Grrr says:

That shark got jumped quickly.

• Frank Calabrese says:

Well 6PR DID have a webcam in the studio, but it got taken down after the announcers either complained about it – or were switching it off – though the webcam would turn off during ad breaks and music breaks though sometimes they forgot which made for some interesting viewing.

and this is the radio station which removed it’s one turntable in the main studio and towards the end had the stylus unnder lock and key in the Station Managers office and it had to be signed out and it’s use accounted for.

• Frank Calabrese says:

And here is their entire output so far :-)

# Bob Maumill and Kim Hagdorn debate the weekend’s footy results at 12.30 in “What the hell went wrong/right”…about 11 hours ago from web

# Need help to make sense of this technology-laden world? Then don’t miss PCGuru Jason Jordan from 10.30 this morning on 6PR’s Sunday Cafe…9:02 AM May 3rd from web

# Coming up, the Western Derby – Eagles vs Dockers … Which side’s fans will have bragging rights on Monday? Listen from 2pm on 882 6PR…11:40 AM May 2nd from web

# Listen to 882 6PR from 10am Saturday Morning for the best preview of the Western Derby with Karl Langdon, Glen Jakovich and Mark Duffield…9:45 PM May 1st from web

# 6PR is now Twittering! Find out from the inside about what’s happening on Perth’s favourite talkback station!3:43 PM May 1st from web

• Frank Calabrese says:

Oh Dear, I’ve been blocked by 6PR from following them on Twitter.

They can’t handle the heat the poor dears.

Time to make them Worst Radio Station for pettiness, and a poor grasp of new technology.

Photos seem to be verboten now. Or am I just not knowledgeable about Teh FacileBook?

• Grrr says:

I could send you a copy, but I will have to ruminate on the privacy implications a while, before deciding the issue is below notice.

• skink says:

I was kicking myself that I didn’t copy the photo when I had the chance

please mail it. please, please

skink1984 athotmaildotcom

9. Frank Calabrese says:

There is an Anti Sattler Facebook page –

Skink, have you the kahunas to submit THAT photograph ? :-)

(I don’t)

Sattler Being exposed as a Hypocrite on Cage Fighting:

Sattler Backpedalling:

• Frank Calabrese says:

And here is the direct Youtube clip of Sattler being exposed as being a hypocrite on Cage Fighting – and boy does Rattler spit the dummy when comments he made in SUPPORT of the sport he made two years earlier come back to haunt him :-)

• Frank, Frank, Frank, being blocked on twitter really got to you didn’t it. I’m not surprised they want to block gems like “Bob Maumill is a little breathless after running back from the staff bog.” & “Howard reveals the shocking details of how no-one knew who the fuck he was in Sydney.”

Ive got 6PR’s Twitter feed on RSS and today’s gems are :

# Andrew Mallard has been offered $3.25 million compensation for his wrongful imprisonment – get more details on 6PR thoughout the day.about 8 hours ago from web

# Simon Beaumont’s Gloombusters brings Employers and Jobseekers together – Check it out! – http://www.6pr.com.au

• shazza says:

Hee hee, another cranky Frank.
            When Howard said his ratings were the best in 4 years I so wished the caller had the wit to respond that the last few years had been in Sydney where he coudnt cut it with the big boys.
            That would have been a king hit.