Desserts of The Gods

Since the Food of The Gods was so popular, and I didn’t have space for all the culinary offerings of Perth’s B listers, I thought I better have another post with the desserts of the gods circa 1980. Sir Richard and Lady Trowbridge’s Lemon Fluff (wtf?) is interesting, as Trowbridge, the Governor appointed by Charles Court was basically sacked by Brian Burke on taking office in 1983. And can’t you just imagine Harry Butler whipping up a kangaroo tail pavlova in the outback, using just a damper oven and a litre of his own urine?

And Peter came through with the Wattsie rissole recipe, (click for larger). He thinks that SPELD deliberately put the spartan rissole recipe next to Mike Walsh’s complicated lasagne to show up Wattsie.

This entry was posted in worst food and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Desserts of The Gods

feed me the Cake of Love

2. Bill O'Slatter says:

Devil’s Flange …………………………..Jenny Satan

3. Ljuke says:

That Mike Walsh is one imaginative guy.

4. RubyRuby says:

What comes out of Pandora’s Pavlova?

5. Russell Woolf's Lovechild says:

I don’t think I’ll be having the Nutted Peach. Thanks.

• Bag O'Turnips says:

If I felt so inclined, I could post a video instruction how to make it.

But I’m not that crass and besides, it’d render this as NSFW.

is missing my favourite desert

Karlo Callaghan’s “Death in Custardy”

or dessert

8. The Bartender's skills with a Manhatten says:

I rather like the option of “meringues or pavlova.” It reminds me of my own recipe for huitres l’arbat or possibly roast beef.

And who could not be tempted by grape dessert? It’s my favorite color.

But at the end of the day I’m with Joan Sydney. We all need to pound down a good pud.

9. ronggly says:

“Pain des fees”, assuming Rinska is attempting French, means “bread of the fairies”. One assumes she is trying to gentrify that suburban Australian classic “Fairy Bread” (slices of bread and butter smothered in hundreds and thousands), which translates as “Pain de fées”, if one wanted to get that picky. I am more taken by teh message “The pain of fees”, which is quite appropriate for a lecturer at ECU