Vibrancy IV

Another wasteland by Orbea. Art? Advertising? Tree of Life? Who knows these days. Location unspecified, but the whole scene is the CHOGMification of Perth’s essence. I’m guessing Morley Drive precinct, or perhaps The Boulevard of Broken Worsts.

This entry was posted in worst art, worst sign and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

58 Responses to Vibrancy IV

What the hell!

2. Russell Wolfe's Lovechild says:

Ha – take that Melbourne fucken cheese-stick.

Perth FTW!

3. shazza says:

I love this. It’s worst and not. It’s almost art but not (where’s Mez?) Layers of complex possibilities yet so simple.

What’s a bet it’s got cock graff by now?

• rottobloggo says:

Blank canvasses, or
      Meaningful sign of the times?
      Signifiers fail.

• A simple but elegant C. U. N. T. a letter on each.

• shazza says:

Eternity style.

• Do you mind not taking the piss, its a fukin dog cemetery, as they have been recently buried our furry four legged friends have no inscriptions on their headstones yet.

My dog, may she RIP, was diagnosed with acute lymphoma stage 3. Prior to this, she had been fit, and healthy swimming each day at mullaloo dog beach. The vet said me feeding her coles chicken necks caused the cancer. She just turned 5 in August. At first I thought she had tonsillitis because her lymph nodes in her neck and groin were up. By the afternoon she had total lymph involvement and I was shocked when the vet told me that this type of cancer is just so aggressive and she had very little time left, and I really wanted to make sure she did not suffer at all. She was on prednisone ( high doses ) and it has been 5 weeks since her diagnosis. I cannot believe how fast she faded. I really just want to do the right thing by her and ensure she is pain free but at the same time, I am selfishly heart broken as I didn’t want to let her go. She was drinking copious amounts of water and her appetite was good. She was getting plenty of fresh chicken to eat several times a day. But she vomited a bit and just dark coloured bile came up. I knew the end was near then, but now I would willing pay to have her dug up and stuffed so my new puppy can have a canine companion.

• skink says:

a quick Google search tells me that the Valerie Woodruffe of Mullaloo sock puppet is active on dozens of blogs and talkboards, will numerous aliases, and posts the same psychosexual scatological drivel on the Herald, Mumble, Telegraph and dozens of others. Not a snigger to be had from any of it.

rather like trying to get a toy off a two-year-old, I guess the trick is to wait until he gets bored and moves on to something else.

• skink says:

the persona is remarkably consistent. The dead dog story is repeated. The profile would seem to suggest that Valerie is a 51 year old retired hairdresser from Mullaloo, who is bisexual (lesbian by preference), and suffers short term memory loss as a result of serious head trauma. She also suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder. As a hairdresser she used to enjoy arousing her male customers and occasionally servicing them in the back room, and may have been charged for sexual harassment as a result. She likes to annoy people on planes by farting copiously.

either it’s a remarkably imaginative and exhaustive sock puppet, or we’ve uncovered the greatest wingnut since Hoey.

Almost Rothko. Not worst.

5. Con Humdrum says:

Now all you need is Perth A-Listers and B-Listers rushing up to this pants down and hanging around like flies to a piece of rotten meat.

Beautiful. I’m with RWL – suck it, cheesesticks.

7. B.T. says:

Rothko meets registered lawn. Brilliant.

8. orbea says:

Yirrigan Drive Mirrabooka – a treasure trove of traditional tripe trash and tragedy

Almost Rothko, West Australia
    Darling Ranges, sofa in Swan River
    Rolly’s old there, older than Hillarys
    Younger than the legend, blowing like sea breeze

• orbea says:

(Altogether now)
      Chongs on roads, registered lawns,
      arrondisse, broken dreams
      cuntkinis, up the ooshta
      rurotards, Chongs on roads.

off-topic: just based on an unscientific survey of all the motorcycle outriders zooming past me with the CHOGM motorcades: but just how fucking fat are Western Australian motorcycle cops?
    They are all enormous. I didn’t know you could eat doughnuts whilst riding a motorcycle.

all except one I saw, who was a woman, and the stuff of dreams.

11. Frankie says:

i think they are the BACK of advertising boards in a shop carpark, not an intentional art work installation.

12. Tullio says:

I like how one of them is apparently portable so you can take to a non-event.

Thanks, TLA. These signs have been identifying 6PR souls since I was knee high to a proverbial, so it’s good to finally have the mystery made clear as mud. And here I was thinking they stood for Rashad E.Goggins</a..

14. eight demerit points for queen and country! says:

These simple and plaintive primary colours first began appearing in the Bgan Dreamtme after Godzilla, the Bgan god of minimalism, created what we now call Subiaco by standing at the intersection of the now rokeby and bagot roads and binging and purging Hawaiian with the works pizzas for seven human days.