The Ould Mug

I thought it was Auld Mug? Difficult to correct a spelling mistake in copper.  It was an ill considered subject, rendered poorly in a medium that is almost always a pointer to crappiness. At least during the boom, the copper might have been worth something, but with metal prices in the toilet… well even a Chinese smelter wouldn’t buy it.

Beaufort Street.

americascup

This entry was posted in worst art and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to The Ould Mug

Is that the enchanting lustre of Wembley Ware I spy, TLA ? Apparently Neil Wedd can get his hands on some of these Australia II lamps by the way, if you’re interested.

2. Grrr says:

We should buy it for Bondy.

How many Americas ? An apostrophic outravesty.

4. My Ning, how much would this copper be worth at today’s prices?

5. BrownBook says:

Nothing says Perth more than dodgy America’s Cup souvenirs.

• Bento says:

My mate’s dad had the Mitsubishi Magna ‘Challenge’ special edition, with little Auld (Ould) Mug decals on the quarter panels and glove box. I wouldn’t have thought a Magna could get any crappier than the standard model, but I guess they proved me wrong.

It had the short-lived ‘WA – Home of the America’s Cup’ personalised licence plate, too. Man, that was a sweet ride.

6. Frank Calabrese says:

And in my extensive Vinyl collection I have the following America’s Cup related songs.

Australia II- -The Jingle Factory – Bondy’s original Jingle, plus the god -awful Ch 9 Jingle “Saliing Australia” sung to Waltzing Matilda, complete with cringeworthy Kiddie Chorus.

But of course nothing beats this :-)

and as featured on Ch 10’s Good Morning Australia with a young Kerri Anne.

And a Ch 7 News Story.

all 3 clips posted by the performer Alston Koch – formally lead singer of 70’s Disco Band – Dark Tan.

7. Frank Calabrese says:

I forgot I also have this song by Glenn Shorock.

• Richarbl says:

I commend myself for not viewing any of these videos, despite an inane compulsion to see just how sad the human race has become.

8. Frank Calabrese says:

And here is THAT Footage of when we did win the Auld Mug.

9. Richarbl says:

You people are all crazy!!! This artifact will be worth at least ten, maybe twelve dollars in years to come.
    The future people, the future!!