Broome Quality Cuts

Slanderer swears this is a non joke postcard he bought from Broome in the 80s. One of my regrets of this past ten years is that I never got to see how bad Broome actually is. So many people telling me it’s a hole.

This entry was posted in multiple worsts, worst advertising, worst photo and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Broome Quality Cuts

1. Rong1 says:

Halal?

2. Russell Woolf's Lovechild says:

Ask She-Ra about the Cable Beach Club. Or just check the CCC transcript. It’s not trash (well it sorta is if you leave the resort.)

• Zuben says:

Looks like the MRA to me :

‘ What ? ‘

‘ How did you find us ? ‘

‘ How did you get in here ? ‘

‘ Meat ? What meat ? ‘

‘ Brisket today ; Wellington tomorrow ‘

3. Hutch says:

There’s a Milat like appearance with the man on the right

4. Petef says:

Can confirm. Is legit. I used to have a couple quite similar from that period. See also, Gove.

5. Tony Tea says:

How good is Broome? I lived in the Pilbara for 12 years and never went there.

6. ewfire11 says:

Oh the Humanity!!

7. you'll get wet says:

‘how bad Broome actually is’

I have told you. Right here. More than once. When that photo was taken I may have been there, just off a Japanese mothership. The last of the hippies, Colin, lived on Cable Beach. A Viet vet who was a boner at the meatworks – boner by trade boner by nature – invited my then gf and I to share his motel room. We soon regretted not having camped with Colin, who was too stoned to try to bone anything.

The best thing about Broome then – and it almost made up for the bad – were the chunky Eaglehawk pendants lathed into existence using the base of a trochus shell, upwardly extended wings are easy to do and the central whorl is a natural head and beak. They don’t make them like that any more. Every mariner on the coast prized one of these. I still have mine. I’ve fallen over many times and it’s never skewered me, unlike the Barramundi dorsal spike necklace that did for my gf.

Broome is a dark, dark place, whose tinsel fakery covers up an underworld. RIP Manny M.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )