7th Avenue Redemption

I crossed the new Maylands Seventh Avenue bridge on youse pigs behalf today. It’s fine. I guess. The underneath reminds me of the narrows bridge which I do like. But it’s not the same as the old one, where hot asphalt and cold concrete were poured directly onto rotting wood.  – Where the load limits were hopeful prayers rather than structural measurements.

The public art was predictably bland. The inset photos were a mistake. Also possibly sun damaged already. But not terrible. Which is worse than terrible. I think we should pay artists NOT to apply for council art pieces. Boring. Nothing. But the biggest fucking outrage was that the new bins won’t take a flagon!!?? What universe are these bin designer wankers from?

This entry was posted in worst architecture and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to 7th Avenue Redemption

1. Russell Wolfe's Lovechild says:

And it is too high for trucks to crash into for LOLs.

2. Rong1 says:

Drinking Wooblah under a bridge just ain’t what it used to be . . .

3. juantrak says:

And here’s me thinking they didn’t make flagons any more!? Surely they’ll become collectibles shortly? I’ve been saving them for years, I’ve got a nice little collection. So, it was a total waste all along? Never mind, I guess some backyard hooch-brewer will pay me something for them soon.

4. hillz50 says:

it was one of the greatest bridges in perth! you could jump it, was like a dangerous urban tabletop.
    i lived in the house that had the bend going through the front yard in my younger days it would make all kinds of nasty noises… arr simpler times :)

5. Orbea says:

I do like the Maylands trebuchet. Keeping the Baysie hordes away from the ballet

6. Scanners says:

Bit early to judge that public art, as it doesn’t appear to be finished yet.

7. GivDBird says:

Green.
    Green is nice.

8. rottobloggo says:

CREAM.

9. El Guisto says:

Oh! Its a bridge!
    I thought it was 1 of emporer Colons community housing projects….strange, it looks like all the others he’s provided for Perth’s homeless…..

10. kylie says:

I too will miss the old bridge. The butterflies in the stomach as you hit the hump at slightly over the appropriate speed. I will also miss the trucks getting stuck underneath… but its okay… we still have the Bayswater subway for that :)

11. orbea says:

On the right motorbike at the right speed there were no bumps

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )