Turds on sticks

Skink presents Belmont’s turds on sticks. There needs to be a new scale for public art. Would we be better or worse off if it wasn’t there? A scale out of ten. I say that it is even. The value of this awful crap is equal to the value of nothing being there. A zero.belmont-turds
Contrast with this, in Maylands, which is terrible, but which is still a positive in terms of the scale. 4 out of 10. Because it is not bland. Stupid but outrageous wins every time. And here is another zero in Mt Lawley. The environment is not enhanced or detracted by its presence. Another nothing. For a negative effect, look no further than the awful, awful Smiths. Minus 6.

This entry was posted in worst art, worst sculpture and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Turds on sticks

1. NF#1 says:

I’ve not seen this got myself, but suspect the artful photo makes it appear better than it is.

What I’d really like from today is if one of the wits could supply us with a PA rating unit of measure. Turds? Bronzes? Grants?

2. Anonymous says:

What’s with camouflaging the buildings?

Are they meant to be clouds? That is fucking terrible. Just awful.

4. Leebee says:

It also eerily resembles both in shape, form and colour, the very part of our anatomy which produces those aromatic kebabs…..Ta Da…..Ladies and Gentleman, meet your LARGE INTESTINE.

5. Anonymous says:

My dear wife says they look like, um, horizontal vaginas
    (or vulvas – yes dear, I get the point, the vagina is the internal bit..)
    She seems to think that everything on TheWorst has to be vulgar.

might i just add the largest possible ‘good riddance’ to that woman

7. Mez says:

Je m’excuse
    I am embarrassed
    on behalf of my colleagues, I apologise

I also apologise to Bob Juniper for any bad thing I may have said against him just in case there really is a heaven for artists