Sign Power

Back to Kalgoorlie. You’d think a place so rich would look a little less shitty. Maybe not. Jaidyn Jaxxon toured the sights of historic Hay Street with the awesome Sign Power with excruciatingly horrible luck stricken prospector motif cut nicely with the not for sale ute and jaunty angle. And Biscutboys throw in a planter at the Superpit.

This entry was posted in worst sign and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Sign Power

1. billoslatter says:

Craig Thomson woz ‘ere. What happened to the money ? : the usual mining story.

2. Perineum says:

What makes the Sign Power sign more worst is the certainty that a few years down the track it will be for sale in some trendy, irony-laden twentieth century antique store on Teh Arrondisement. I imagine Derrida would have something to say about that.

3. Russell Woolf's Lovechild says:

Anyone who thinks that a hole in the ground cannot be impressive should visit the Superpit. Thanks Bondy.

That mangy shrub is lucky someone hasn’t decided there is a few more miles in that tyre.

• Strangely, whenever I go past the Superpit someone opines ‘Wow, that’s huge. It’s going to take them forever to fill that in’.
      Lower your expectations guys. Filling in an open-cut mine is impossible. No-one is ever going to do it, because it’s impossible.

I give that shrub ’til next Australia Day before someone twists it off or sits on it.

Who are they trying to kid. Everything’s for sale in Hay Street. I have naught but fondness for my mother’s dusty hometown where I spent my childhood summer holidays. And a massive hole in the ground is the most fitting monument I can imagine for the man who created it, Alan Bond.

• valerie woodruffe faceless says:

lol…as if…he would be penniless in no time..all the wankers who want something for nothing would sue him into oblivion….”‘well your honour, I was listening to Howard Sadleher and I laughed that hard that I closed my eyes, let go of the steering wheel to grab my ribs (because they felt like they were breaking) tried to cross my legs to stop from peeing my pants and bugger me a truck not just any old truck, a phukn great big truck came out of nowhere and that is the last thing I remember…

Silly Sign!