Free Negative Space

This was such a lovely photo by Dylan H. Love the glimpse of new tramp inside.  If we’re not careful, the FCs will think that early 21st Century Perth was all blue sky, cocos palms and ironic suburban desolation. Kinross.

This entry was posted in Uncategorisable Worsts and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

64 Responses to Free Negative Space

1. I meant to post this later.

2. shazza says:

This is wonderful worsting. Check out that registered lawn.
    Excellent work Dylan H.

3. pete says:

It’s reminiscent of a Dorothea Lange

4. Russell Woolfe's Lovechild says:

Realistic pricing in Kinross. If something is free is it actually for sale?

5. NF#1 says:

So poignant … like an old dog taken out and left to die, while the kids, within earshot, play with their new Xmas puppy.

6. rottobloggo says:

Perfection.

7. Tim says:

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning
    We will remember them.

• Rouei says:

I see what you’re doing there but it’s still in bad taste..oh wait, this place is all about bad taste and laughing at it. Still, a thumbs up for Dylan H and a thumbs down for your comment.

• That was bad taste?

• orbea says:

The cult of ‘war dead’ and the commercialisation of ANZAC, getting into the sanctity of the myths of sacrifice, mateship, John Howard’s akubra, Collingwood Essendon footy etc etc.
          Pretty cynical card played by Rouei.

Apparently anything that refers even obliquely to humour and somehow dissing the diggers is ‘bad taste’ universally. Well anything that a shock jock might get excited about.
          Such as this one the RSL complained about.

Also nicely expressed by Geoff Lemon here.

• NF#1 says:

No point in getting all indiggernant now, Rouei.

• Rouei says:

I can be indiggernant if I want to be. That prose means a lot to a lot of people, in my case I had two ancestors on opposite sides of the somme, one english and one german. How they didn’t manage to kill each other we’ll never know. I just thought it was in bad taste to use it so irreverently. And thanks for that link Orbea, just like Rolly ‘there is no humour in jingoism, bigotry and religion’.

• NF#1 says:

Trenchant.

• langhorne says:

We all have ancestors, you know.
            As for ‘bad taste’, good taste is the enemy of creativity.

• RubyRuby says:

Yep.

Takes a good strong grounding in a looser bogan death cult to get offended by others finding humour in the juxtaposition of some random lines of poetry on the interwebs.

Not saying all of the original ANZAC fellas were bogan loosers, ‘course, but I am sure (given the demographics) that had they the opportunity, they would well have been.

ANZAC Day – up there with Australia Day for ambivalence in my book… day off is good, but yeah. At least Aussie Day’s in summer. And has fireworks.

• Tim says:

No offense meant Rouei, my apologies. An ironical comment on what sacrifice means to a new generation. The memorial of the Cocos Palm against a hot blue Perth sky set on a brown side verge. Granddad fought with the 6th Division in the Desert. I think he would have a laugh and another beer and cigarette :) I might be wrong.
            Tim

• orbea says:

Geoff Lemon takes it further with this post. Make a cup of tea and sit back. Enjoy

• Rouei says:

Yeah, it’s ok, as I said I understand the irony and humour. This whole thing seems to have blown out of proportion, it is hard sometimes to get your meaning across with text. I think some people here just like to play devil’s advocate as well..

• orbea says:

it is hard sometimes to get your meaning across with text

What would you suggest as an alternative? Interpretive dance?

• Rouei says:

A lot of meaning is conveyed by voice and facial expression. However if you are proficient at interpretive dance then I’m sure that would be entertaining and communicative :P

• rottobloggo says:

I may have been sucking my pen too hard, but I don’t see: what is the bad taste/offence?

Free because its broken.

9. Bartender's Skills with a Manhatten says:

What is the fence made out of?

10. Fiona of Mount Lawley says:

Well, it is a fair price, in the sense that the trampoline has no practical value now. It would just about be a good deal if they taped a ten dollar bill to the frame, that would probably cover the real cost of hauling it away. You might make a couple of dollars if someone would for pay the scrap-metal.

Backdoor Boozebus Benny has fallen and bumped his head