When the bongs return to Capistrano

Dear Lazy Aussie,

I have attached a photo of vintage bong that I found while cleaning out my shed in East Vic Park. It shows that Perth people were smoking bongs way back when Schweppes Cola not only still existed, but was just $1.00 for 600 mL – pre-WWII? As you can see, the “thumb hole” and piece of garden hose are still intact. If Perth Museum don’t want it then I’ll probably just put it on Gumtree.

Yours sincerely,

Michael (Cash Twon, Murchison Regional Vermin Council)

Well the state library are now archiving it for the future cunts.

This entry was posted in worst objects and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to When the bongs return to Capistrano

How did that get there?

2. Spider McGlurck says:

Looks like it has been recently scraped.

3. Rolly says:

Why is it that yoof thinks that it invented everything?
    The original bongs were known as hookahs
    Very ancient devices.
    Last encountered smoking “Qif” a mixture of foul tobacco and wild grown hemp.
    Them, not me.

4. J says:

Schweppes Cola:
    Introduced 1985
    Discontinued 2000

Not pre-WWII

Idiot.

5. B says:

What’s more is that, as everyone should know, prior to WWII Australia did not use millilitres.

6. My Ning says:

Hope this place wasn’t in Langler St …. lived there for a few years myself back in the late 1980s, although I never once drank Schweppes Cola while a resident (or owned a couch with that colour-scheme for that matter).

While there, Geoff Gallop entered state politics to run for the local seat in the ’89 election. He dropped by one day to see if I had any issues. I told him the deaf school behind the house had some generator problems and the hum was keeping me up at nights. Like the champion he is he got it fixed – and expeditiously too.

I don’t care what anyone sez – had Dr Gallop stayed premier Labor would still be in power … there’s no way he would have lost to Barnett in 2008 … he was a far better boss than the idiotic sour face Carps could ever be.

And now the ALP has sleepy ol’ McGowan (heavy sigh) … another protracted stint in the political wilderness.