Weekend Worstoff 161

A Weekend in the Hudson Valley. New York’s Hudson River Valley has fast become Perth’s “Sister Worst” thanks to Bartender’s Skills with a Manhatten. The place does have some awesome worsts, but this is unfortunately undercut by the rotting beauty of the place. Just makes me want to buy a collapsing mansion and live there.

Twilight of the Thunderbird, private estate, Millbrook.

In Germantown the current owner of the historic Rockefeller family home has found a prosaic use for the New York State Landmark sign on the front lawn.Another wonderful rotting mansion Pine Plains.Update to Halcyon Hall in aristocratic Millbrook: one of the front gables has collapsed and Town Security now patrols the grounds. How sad to see this amazing place collapsing in slow motion from afar  Bartender.

How do you deal with a fire hydrant on your front lawn?  In Valatie, you deal with it like this!And to show that junk shops look the same and carry the same stock worldwide… Maybe there can be an exchange program with Guildford.

Junk shop....near Millbrook.

This entry was posted in *Worst of The World, weekend worstoff and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to Weekend Worstoff 161

1. Looks like somewhere Thurston Howell would have lived pre Island. BTW anyone know the name of the type of hat Thurston used to wear? Love that dude’s hat.

2. sharon says:

Is the collapsing mansion for sale? Or just being left to rot?

3. NF#1 says:

It’s been said before, but I think most of us would kill for architectural “worsts” such as these.

The rotting mansion brings to mind a somehow similar house on the Boulevard of Broken Worsts. Photo to follow shortly TLA, as part of my “Goodbye Dianella” photo essay. Yes, I’m moving, and believe me I have saved the worst for last.

4. vegan says:

i’ve seen that fence detail here around water meters. when done in masonry, effecting a dogleg in the wall, it’s pretty goddam worst.

barkeep, thank you for such poignant worsting.

i want that mansion. perhaps we could all kick in and use it as a twop holiday home.

I want to fix up that house and live there when im older, Also Id eat that Icecream if it was real (LAUGHS).

6. Pete says:

Junk shops & necklace/bracelet sellers TLA. Must be some kind of global franchise. Here’s a hippy with a blanket covered in beads & shit. Am I in fremantle or Helsinki?

Lovely worsts bartender.

I hope the Bartender escapes unscathed from the hurricane, although I suspect Halcyon Hall may not fare so well.