Vibeless

More empty vibrancy promises seen by Tristan H. Vibrancy is getting very cargo cult-like, as if by saying it enough, the gods will drop a laneway bar on your head.

This entry was posted in Uncategorisable Worsts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to Vibeless

1. Tony says:

Memories. Mickey Mouse on Ice, January 1975.

2. Pete says:

Wow, the streetscape behind is so vibrant! Can’t wait to see this turned in to hoardings so everyone can Sniff the doodle.

3. David cohen says:

Bacon sausage links
    hashed plans and a grilled node
    yummy dog’s breakfast.

4. Kamu says:

Stand in front of a mirror and say vibrancy three times.

5. Natalia Fan #1 says:

Perth City Link to
    Create a vibrant city
    Re-vitalising?

6. Russell Woolf's Lovechild says:

Vibrancy precinct.

7. Grrr says:

Now that’s entertainment!

Is there an electric train and a ripped up phone booth nearby, perchance?

8. Jaidyn-Jaxxon says:

revitalising

9. JaneZ says:

“Revitalising” implies, in fact requires, that it was vital in the first place. Which I don’t remember it ever having been, fat cat christmas spectaculars notwithstanding.

• orbea says:

Saw Double Take versus Hercules (Des Mangan and co) at Lumiere. That was vibrant, oh and meet the feebles

• Bag O'Turnips says:

Also saw Clockwork Orange for the first time there back in ’93 soon after I turned 18 (you couldn’t get it on video those days, so you could only see it at the cinema, plus my Mum is a fan of the movie, suggested I should see it: what a good call, Mum!). Another Lumiere memory was going to see Paris Is Burning, a prize from the long-gone-yet-legendary RTRFM queer humour radio show, ETHOS (Each To His/Her Own Show) and meeting Wanda-June Honeywell (aka dials doyen Rob Fletcher, who as Frank Calabrese rightly pointed out, is suffering damnation by now doing the twiddling for 6PerthRacists).

10. Trak Xing says:

I was nabbed by Mr Plod for street drinking just near that sign in about 1989, ambushed at the end of that metal rail crossing by 2 large chaps in a hawaiian shirts. Underhipstercover cops. They were keen for us to pour our longnecks out onto the barren Ent Cent carpark wasteland as we trekked back to The Firm from a party, but was fine with us necking them. Nice of him (?), although it made us very much drunkerer. It’s probably his fault that I was found not too much later dancing to an ironic spin of I SHOULD BE SO LUCKY at the Firm.
    I remember my friend calling me several says later to tell me the cops had been around to his house to deliver the fine or whatever it was, so living with parentals, I hightailed it out the front of my house, and yes indeedy was witness to a scene from ‘Division 4’ in my very own brown concrete driveway. Three plain clothes cops in a late model Holden/Ford sedan, in very high spirits, waving a piece of paper at me.
    It still astounds me that we gave the ‘Danno’s’ our real names and addresses. Ahhh the daze of innocence.

• Trak Xing says:

I was nabbed by Mr Plods for street drinking just near that sign in about 1989, ambushed at the end of that metal rail crossing by 2 large chaps in a hawaiian shirts. Underhipstercover cops. They were keen for us to pour our longnecks out onto the barren Ent Cent carpark wasteland as we trekked back to The Firm from a party, but were fine with us necking them. Nice of them (?), although it made us very much drunkerer. It’s probably their fault that I was found not too much later dancing to an ironic spin of I SHOULD BE SO LUCKY at the Firm.

• Trak Xing says:

DAMMIT … apologies for the double post – realized upon re-reading that there were two Mr Plods, not one, and tried to change my writing, but failed due to lack of experience recalling tales from the town of my daze of innocence upon such sites of internet joy. And again I may have led you astray. I think there were 2 cops, but only ONE had a Hawaiian shirt on. The other one had similarly just past the knee shorts, and deck shoes, but I think he was sporting one of those wannabe K-Mart style Hawaiian print shirts. Like a potatoe cut of a palm tree, applied with little care but much fervour.

11. hectic says:

Gonna feel so vibrant after the midnight curfew and a good night’s sleep.

• Bag O'Turnips says:

As recommended by the no-fun Barnett Police State.

Wonder if Ballieu would take a leaf out of Barnett Rubble’s book on managing Law and Order? C’mon, what’s wrong with a bit of the ol’ name ‘n’ shame, eh? So what if a few juvenile riffraff get besmirched before being proven guilty, which they are, as you damn well know!

Oh, for the good ol’ days of police brutality of Bjelke-Petersen era Queensland. He knew how to handle those Communist homosexuals!

12. Sholaa says:

Well, as I read once (maybe even here, it is rather TWOP worthy), you can’t polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter. I want that cargo cult reference worked into a shirt design, it sums up all the bull about the Perth “redevelopment” with utter precision.

13. The Bartender's skills with a Manhatten says:

That is the sort of sign you’d expect to see in the middle of the Detroit in “Robocop.”

As opposed to somewhere on a random traffic island next to the world’s largest Oldsmobile hubcap.