Don’t want to hear about it…

We’ve already featured this ill conceived ad concept before in 2007. Every graphic designer or advertiser at some stage in their career will have the bright idea of making the product into someone’s head. Now an artliner has articulated the problem. From Brer Bento. I’m also adding a pic of my own to sweeten the post thinking that someone may find in this Bayswater sign some rich gravatar material.

This entry was posted in worst of perth. Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Don’t want to hear about it…

1. shazza says:

Cappuccino head is a crap idea.
    Though I have to admit before Iv’e had my morning caffeine hit, that graff neatly sums up what I’m thinking.

I, for one, welcome our new cup-headed overlords.

I’d like to remind them that as a trusted union identity, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground froth-making caves.

3. 13th Oyster says:

I’m sure that Bayswater sign is an optical illusion along the lines of this classic:

4. Michael says:

The best new building in the city being promoted with the some of the worst advertising copy ever produced. My guess is that they spent all the money laser-cutting the steel that sits over the windows, because the photoshopping is so bad on this that it doesn’t even achieve the “bad on purpose” look.

The worst part, though, is that DPI are set to be the primary tenants. 20 points for anyone who can name a single meritorious piece of DPI work in the last ever.

5. Shreiking Wombat says:

Never mind the concept, this has to be the sloppiest Photoshop work I’ve seen in many a long day.

This is positively classy in comparison:

6. Natalia Fan #1 says:

As inept as it is, the “one40” signage is marginally better than typical city apartment advertising suggesting Perth as part of the mystical nexus of “London, Paris, New York”, etc. Not so sure though about “one40” being the “best new building” in Perth.

7. Shreiking Wombat says:

Quite. What happened to the cute blonde?

8. Natalia Fan #1 says:

Always so concerned about gravatars Shaz: why is that? First you more or less command me to get one, then interrogate me when for some reason my posts appear without it, and now this. But in answer to your question, it’s a Filipino hooker, as inspired my interpretation of the Boner Lisa. I really should change it.