Weekend Worstoff 30

I’ll be in Bunbury for some of today, so I’m packing an extra 8gig hi speed card for the camera, because, well it’s Bunbury.

Liam sends an amazing link from Realestate website of what at first looks like a dull house in Padbury, but turns out to be a dull house with a poledancing studio. Go through the “other images” to get the gold. Image removed. TWOP strikes again?

Poledance in Padbury

Poledance in Padbury

And Hugh Jass submits attempted magic spell to open liquorland. Thanks Huge.

Open Sesame

Open Sesame

Mat sent me some lovely shots of Perth taken by his mum in the 70’s. Amazing that the convention centre area looks so much better as sand and carpark.

Now you're talking

Now you

And how fashions have stayed the same as the crowds take in the pants wetting excitement of London Court. Thanks Matt. or should I say Matt’s Mum. She thought Perth was a dump, but still moved from South Australia. SA must have still been the toilet is is today, a city far worse than Perth.

State of Excitement

State of Excitement

And Myning wants to know why Perth Airport is still so crappy. here are people waiting for taxis. Possibly the same people who were queuing last time I was at the place. The guy in the grey has moved ahead 3 places since April.

Queue it

Queue it

Thanks everyone. Worst well. Think of me in Bunbury.

This entry was posted in weekend worstoff, worst carpark, worst classics, worst graffiti, worst interior design and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Weekend Worstoff 30

1. sigga says:

well, firstly this is a pole dancing class facility.. surely you saw this! An attempt at making middle class housewives’ (do they still exist?)lifes’ meaningfull.
    What worried me was the double bed in the lilttle girls room nd the exremely bad decor throughout.
    As for the queues for taxis.. when i lived in perth everyone had a friend who was willing to pick you up from the airport… whats happening people…is the orbit inn no more (I know this dates me sooo much) ???

2. sigga says:

I apologise for extremely bad editing, or rather typing.. but hey we all have a monkey on our shoulders… don´t we?

3. Hugh Jass says:

Thanks for posting my picture! I hope others appreciate it as much as I did, that Sunday morning of last weekend when I was trying to buy piss at 8:30am, oops I mean when I was driving past on my way back from IGA and couldn’t help myself but stop and take a picture…

4. Pia says:

‘Open Sesame?’ Heh. Aw, graffiti artists with a sense of humour (or vicious vicious determination to acquire booze) provide much entertainment.

Driving through Malvern Springs in Ellenbrook today, I saw a less original ‘Dave Loves Cocks’ on the side of a building.

5. Roger Explosion says:

Maybe when Labour are voted back in around 2020 we will get that light rail line from the airport. Mind you it will take them 6-8 years to build it.

6. Grrr says:

It should be noted the Padbury house all but backs onto Pinnaroo cemetery.

I think we should be preparing ourselves for a zombie stripper onslaught.

(Strange the text fails to mention the important pole as a selling point unless that’s covered by “everything you require in a modern family home”.

If so, is this what we can expect from a Buswell treasurership?

I would also note the lovely Rugs-A-Million spotted rug in the lounge and the price – from $579,000 in Padbury? I mean this house isn’t far from south-central Forest Road shopping centre where there was a stabbing and all (http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Forrest+Road,+Padbury,+wA&ie=UTF8&ll=-31.79557,115.763562&spn=0.009465,0.024719&z=16&layer=c&cbll=-31.800317,115.762592&panoid=54qOVOb1YHLBxYiS2GhmaQ&cbp=2,73.47888370066147,,0,6.685216507700828 – I am too lazy to use tinyURL – but you just know looking at that it’s a hotbed of wigger crime).

(Two clocks in the kitchen? Are people Oop Norf that confused by daylight savings time?)

7. Grrr says:

Having just suffered some of the worst excesses of late ’80s/early’90s design, and ‘trendy’ furniture I find myself disappointed to find the studio image *appears* to have been removed.

And one of the images is duplicated.

8. They HAVE taken it dowm! Why? It was the only good thing about the place. There was another shot I meant to show. The Worst of Perth strikes again.

Indeed they have, TLA, and they didn’t waste any time about it, either. It was gone when I checked at what would have been early morning, WA time. It’s a shame, as you mention, as it was the only thing that gave so much as a scintilla of interest to the joint. At this rate you’ll have to start wearing a cape, and your cunkini on the outside.

p.s. Thanks, Matt’s mum.

I noticed the black couch in the pole room, allowing viwers to enjoy the show on the comfort of wipe-clean leatherette

11. Liam says:

Glad you liked it, LA.
    I’m just sorry you couldn’t have chucked in some kind of electorally-related polling joke—ah well.
    Skink, I particularly noticed the black curtains, as if the owner would ever raise them “peek a boo” style for the neighbours.

12. Matt's Gran says:

The Padbury house you are all so keen to criticise has been beautifully, and lovingly painted and now looks A1. The pole dancing room was removed by the previous owners before Matt’s mum moved in with her family. It is now a typical family home, so back off you lousy, critical bums!

• Ljuke says:

That’s a shame. There ain’t enough pole dancing studios in suburban houses any more. I was almost inspired to build one after this, but I went with the peep show booths instead.

I hate the parking spots in bunbury there small as and the parking meters at perth zoo cost $1.50 per hour and you waist all your money even before you get into the zoo.