Burn Falcon Burn

Another car on fire with the bonus of map of Australia aerial. Near Scarborough, although it seems to have flamed its way from South Australia. Thanks for those who came to comedy. Was fun to get back into it.

This entry was posted in worst car and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Burn Falcon Burn

1. Rolly says:

Quality, pure quality.

A sexy XC.

I love the directional antenna.

2. B.T. says:

Ohh, burning Fords! My favorite.

3. Groucho says:

You know it is the anniversary of the death of Johnny Cash today….rest his soul…country, western and blues…..but I am reminded, not from the song played on Curtin FM this morning but from the flaming ford (or is is a valiant)….

Love is a burning thing
    and it makes a firery ring
    bound by wild desire
    I fell in to a ring of fire…

4. Rolly says:

I get a burning ring of fire, not from love making (not inclined that way), but about 20 hours after overindulging in highly spiced foods. ;)

5. Groucho says:

I wonder if this song inspired the making of the film Brokeback Mountain …..Baked beans on an open fire, wild desires, going down……

I went down
    down
    down
    and the flames went highter
    and it burns
    burns
    burns
    The Ring of fire

6. Mazarina says:

a ‘hot’ favourite…

The taste of love, apparently, is sweet, Groucho.

So, from one man in black to another, my tribute to Johhny is this link to one fine song.

Actually, I seem to recall a radio show on 6UVS by this very name, and of course at this time, and I think it was presented by the peerless Malcolm Marshall.

As you’ll see, I’ve linked to the duet, for although Johnny’s inimitable performance made it his song, Kris wrote it.

Funnily enough, when he sang it live on his television show “Johnny Cash and Friends” in 1971, the show’s executives demanded that he change the lyric, “wishing, Lord, that I was stoned”, but Cash sang the song exactly as it was written, although he did change “cursin’ at a can that he was kickin’,” to “playin’ with a can that he was kickin’.”

Bugger. It’s been a rough day, but you’d think I could at least spell his name correctly twice. Sorry about that, Johnny.

Malcolm Marshall ? The late great West Indian fast bowler presented a radio show on 6UVS ? Ummm … no. That would have been Marshall Martin, of Mills Record Bar, and ABC radio fame. Having said that, some of his teammates, including Sir Viv, did actually visit the studio as guests on “Version Galore”, one Saturday evening.

I’ve had a quick look around, but haven’t yet been able to find a video of Marshall “accidentally” flattening an umpire he wasn’t too happy with, as he came in to bowl. I think it was in a game against New Zealand. It was an excellent, unforgettable shoulder charge. So, for now I’ll settle on this oddity of him swinging one-handed, for no apparent reason.

9. The same Marshall Martin who now runs the Good store in Victoria Park, where the Lazy Aussie Sister works.

I’m sure he will say hello.

I am more of a Michael “Not as green as de grass in Barbados” Holding fan.

It’s a small world, TLA, (but not, according to Barbara Kruger, if you have to clean it)

As I’m sure TLAS can attest, Marshall’s as fine a person as you’re ever likely to meet.

Bugger. TinyURL went awry. Sorry about that, TLA. Here’s the long version then.

12. Vic Demised says:

Before you pointed out that it came from SA, I thought that might be Brendan Grylls’ flaming Ford. I’ve seen it parked outside Premier Col’s place in Cottesloe. (“Premier Col” -God that’s hard to spit out…)