The Lazy Aussie Live this Thursday!

Thanks everyone for coming. Was fun to get back into it.

Comedy is Thursday. I hear there are a number of youse coming.

I will be returning to the stage for some live stand-up on September 11th at the Charles Hotel, with Mike G, Anti Hakala from Finland and others. $15/$12. Tickets at the door. Those who couldn’t get tickets last time I performed have another chance. Don’t miss it this time! Should be a good night.

Live and deciduous at The Charles
Live and Deciduous at The Charles

This entry was posted in worst of perth and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

57 Responses to The Lazy Aussie Live this Thursday!

Hmmmm. September 11. Will there be any anniversary jokes about best sick note excuse ever?

2. Maybe, “September 11th: This time it’s personal.”

3. Cookster, will you be coming with Barra?

4. The BCF says:

Come on Rolly heres ya chance to get out mate – see you there :)

5. vic demised says:

What’s with the ‘live and deciduous’ caption, LA? I thought you’d be sprouting new green buds at this time of year?

Re the date… There is no way you can avoid making crass, off-colour references to the deaths of over 3 000 americans on that day in 2001. It’s your job. I had to MC a Laugh Resort gig on September 12, 2001, which was maybe a bit early (comedy = tragedy + a little more than 24 hours) to be trying to make laughs about it. But it was my job, damnit!

I have spoken with John and reserved my prime-position spot…he said to bring our own rotten fruit and empty alcopop bottles…and Paul Murray’s PA is getting back to me about his availability. Fingers crossed.

7. forkboy says:

count me in…..

8. vic demised says:

I thought the Charles had its own PA? Why does Paul Murray need a PA? He’s loud enough without one. Tsu! Tsu!

9. forkboy says:

I’ll be wearing nothing but a pink carnation and a cock ring.

10. cock ring, got it. You want a spot on the elite table, you should call the number.

11. forkboy says:

no problems will do……having lunch with J’Scro tomorrow ….Im sure he will come along too.

12. forkboy says:

Lazy @ 10 – sorted

13. Was tryin to get J’Scro to perform on that night too.

14. Cookster says:

Sorry TLA, but I’m already hosting a 6PR table – Howard reckons he’ll be able to fill at least 15 drive programs and 23 blog posts with the disgraceful, disrespectful, un-Australian content he’s sure you’ll air on the night.

Barra is going to spray paint TLA’s a cunt on your car while you’re on stage. A skinny cunt.

15. forkboy says:

I’ll get my people to call your people.

16. A table with “Teh Paul” Murray, Pam “Mosellas” Cassellllas, Howard “Riddance”Sattler, that bastard (ie cunt) from Fairfax who never bothered to reply to me, (Fleming I think), the sculptor of the Arse and Boozie sculpture, Simon “bad mo medicine” “O’Brien, Simon “Big Kahunas” Beaumont, Adrian FWC Barich, Bob “sex talk” Maumilll, Colin “farcanal” Barnett, Troy “nose candy” Buswell, Cox “Cocks” architects, Yagan and the ghost of Mainy.

17. Cookster says:

The ‘Dream Team’…

Still no word from Murray. But Greg Hoey has offered LA a lift to the venue, and Strewth will write about it without mentioning LA’s name. Huge!

19. Rolly says:

Sorry to have to decline the invitation guys, but the party pooper in me (multiple allergies and various chemical hyper-sensitivities ) would mean that a couple of hours in a pub environment drinking piss liberally laced with chemical preservatives would have me non compus mentus for several weeks.
    It really is that bad.
    Fuck it.

20. I’m going with She-Ra

21. Bill O'Slatter says:

Grogg Hoggy’s gunna be there. Bring the cage of death and it’ll be me vs Groggy and the 6PR table : see who comes out alive.

22. forkboy says:

Lazy -@ 13 looks as though j’scro will be unveiling his twin dildos of terror that evening!!!!….cant wait!……cock rings for everyone…..my shout…

I’ve held 2 tix for me and Mrs. Bento. Can’t wait. Hopefully you don’t die in the paper…

24. Why am I getting hundreds of hits from the SBS World Game forum? I haven’t panned Perth Glory have I?

25. I’m sure we can arrange some kind of bubble for you rolly. Shame. perhaps it can be videoed so you can heckle from home.

26. Cookster says:

@24 TLA – mate, your site is called The Worst of Perth… our state soccer side is… well, representative of that category… a niche player if you will.

27. Cookster says:

Okay – game on. Let’s see who can generate the most TWOP hits from the most obscure sites.

28. mike says:

anyone want to trade 2 tickets to bill bailey live for this event?

29. Pingback: Grabbed by the nips « The Worst of Perth

30. Pingback: Coming events sticky « The Worst of Perth

31. Russell says:

Just scanning the spring edition of The Greener Times and noticed a weird photo on page 27 – a character in a suit: could be Albert Jacob, could be Alfred E. Neuman … but it’s the ubiqitous LA ,at the Charles Hotel, June 5.

32. The Lazy Aussie’s hair could never be mistaken for Kid Jacobs’. Also I must look old enough to buy a drink.

33. Unfortunately J’scro has had to cancel.

34. forkboy says:

I know………fucking sell out……

35. blenda says:

– David Cohen

That greg hoey has myspace page. artspace or something. Time to kick asse. Has all his silly dumb blogs on as well. So many spelling mistakes he he.

36. blenda says:

His Art sculptys are stupid. dumb nudes

37. Ljuke says:

That Google street view thing does absolutely nothing for the wonderful shade of “Thirsty Camel Green” that now covers 30% of the Charles.

Worst franchise.

do please post a link to hoey’s site

I miss him, and want to go rattle his cage

39. It’s 8pm start I may have said 7:30 before.

What’s with the new avatar, LA? Please explain.

41. Felt like a change. It’s “lazy” in Chinese.

42. forkboy says:

…….well first of all….thanx to the genius who printed out the RSVP cards on the tables………RESERVED WOP…….like im already feeling a life of pain due to belonging to a VERY small ethnic minority…..nice work cuntz……..Lazy your return set was well done…..congats

43. forkboy says:

who stole my avatar!!!!?

44. Thanks for coming mates. Forky, don’t know about your avavtar. Everything has to be exactly the same, name and email for it to work. You were in the spam bin. I hope it hasn’t taken a dislike to you, as I am at a conference all day, and won’t be able to retrieve you.

45. I thought Mike G was in excellent form too.

46. forkboy says:

The whole might was very cultured….well done again…….sat with freebeer and Dave C…….had my eye out for poor lisa…..(apparently she is a hottie)…

47. So you didn’t hear ” Cor……..flute” then Forkie ? Where’s teh evil bolg of the event e.g. LA comes on everybody boos …….

Most amusing evening. LA once again slagged off his TWOP entourage at the start. Mike G was good too: he devoted much attention to an English girl celebrating her 21st. Most hecklers handled with efficient cruelty.

Yes, forkboy and freebeer were there also…piss-poor performance from other TWOPers. Hang your heads in shame. I would label it an outrage if I hadn’t already used the phrase 23 times this week.

49. Cookster says:

DC @ 48 – was hoping to be there, but I’ve fucked my right wrist to the point where I’m struggling to do things like brush my teeth or wipe teh aris… yes, you can insert an RSI-caused-by-masturbation comment in here… so I wouldn’t have been much fun… maybe a night of comedy on the green in the not too distant future to make amends for my poor showing?

Hey – I was there, as was Mrs Bento. We arrived fairly early, but under no circumstances were we going to sit front & centre at the empty table.

We were sitting towards the back, near Shano the bogan heckler.

51. Rolly says:

Orrite, orrite, but where’ the flamin’ video? Eh?

52. I may have some video excerpts next week.

53. Frank Calabrese says:

Off topic, but Young William Bowe has joined the darkside at Crikey.

Pathetic Cookster. Did Simpson or his donkey say, “My hand hurts and I can’t go get my fallen comrades”???

Lamentable Bento. If two comedians haven’t expectorated into your drink by the end of the evening you haven’t had a good night out. You prefer the company of bogan hecklers instead of your TWOP comrades?

Rolly: do they get many comics in Dumbleyung?

55. Frank, you finally got a gravavar! Just waiting for poor lisa now. i hate her generated one.

56. Good one Frank : keep the fire burnin.

57. Frank Calabrese says:

Good one Frank : keep the fire burnin.

I needed one for Pollbludger – just to annoy Generic Person, Dovif and Glen S :-)