A little harsh?

Howard Sattler (rightly) received a lot of criticism when he remarked “Good riddance to bad rubbish” when juvenile car thieves were killed in a high speed crash. But is it going just a step too far to say “Good riddance” to Howard when his mother dies? A little worse than calling Adrian Barich a cunt I think.

Or do we blame the moderators? The link, for as long as it remains.

I might have sugar coated it.

I might have sugar coated it.

This entry was posted in worst journalist, worst people and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

59 Responses to A little harsh?

all hail the Lunchbox

we are not worthy

2. forkboy says:

Bento – If you are at the Charles this week……….let me buy you a drink…………………….pure GOLD!

To be honest, I was pretty surprised it slipped through the net, and then took a couple more days to catch any bites…

Skink – I am yet to provoke a direct confrontation with Sookie, and therefore I bow to your redneck-baiting abilities (although Rolly did call me a ‘metrocentric twat’ in the election coverage – I’m thinking of getting a t-shirt made).

I take a perverse pleasure in knowing I am listed under the category of ‘Worst Person’.

4. Frank Calabrese says:

Bento, you are a hero :-)

I loved it how you gave Sookie a lesson in Pots & Kettles :-)

5. poor lisa says:

If you get a ‘worst person on worst of perth’ post, I’ll nominate it for the other coveted title of ‘not worst.’

‘Not worst worst of worst of perth.’

6. Ljuke says:

Worst People:

Jack Van Tongren
    People with racist bumper stickers
    Wilson Tuckey
    Sam Newman
    Bento

Keeping fine company.

7. Rolly says:

I’m buggered if I want to agree with a metrocentric twat, but this time I really can’t help myself.
    I have absolutely no sympathy for the rabid rattler, though I do understand the call for legalised voluntary euthanasia.
    Death comes to all of us and it really is just a matter of where, when and how.
    In this world of twisted morals and dubious ethics it’s the ‘How’ bit that concerns me most.
    The utter crap of “palliative” medicine is just that. What value is there in the extension of life simply to appease those whose “Christian” dogmas have occasioned a terror of the inevitability of death; and in so doing wreak a terrible suffering on those they claim to be helping.
    I have great empathy with the terrible death that Howard’s mother was forced to undergo.
    But yes, her arrogant, ignorant and hypercritical son does deserve a serve of his own medicine
    and, if it stirs some of his sycophantic readers into into self righteous rage, so be it.

8. Cookster says:

My grandad died last night.

Not wanting to speak ill of teh dead, but the fact that we both had the exact same names, live in the same city and share another bloke with the exact same name who I call Dad and he calls son, you would have thought the old prick would have sent me a birthday card at least once over the last 41 years.

Hard to grieve for someone who you’ve only met once.

Ljuke @ 6 – It’s a special kind of list where Sam Newman is the least offensive person on it…

10. Ljuke says:

That’s true. Though I’d hate to see what Sam might have said about Howard’s mum.

Ooh, veering into dangerous territory again.

11. forkboy says:

cookster @ 8 – fuck me….sounds like Thursday night is going to turn into somesort of bizzaro wake…..

12. Well as long as she was riding a stolen nursing home bed, I’m happy with it.
    I was happy to leave it ambiguous as to whether it was Bento or Riddance who was worst person.

Who among you is compassionate?

14. forkboy says:

me……………but that fucker had it coming to him

What with the random capitalisation, I thought maybe Ann had developed a sense of humour. I should have known better – you were writing for your audience.

that would be me

just seeing if they were bothering to moderate that site at all, and seeing if I could get away with offering to euthanaze Sattler

apparently I can

no, I am Spartacus

18. forkboy says:

nice work skink……….if you can get it

19. forkboy says:

sorry when the question can about Who among you is compassionate?….I took it literally……..shame on me for bearing my heart to TWOP

Aww, you big softie, Forkboy.

21. forkboy says:

15 years as a social worker, 8 as a commissioned officer in the D.S.D will do that too you………….I luv youse guys x

I put in some Ann-style capitalisation and the metrocentric jibe as a telltale

I have discovered that with self-righteous indignation you can use much stronger language than when using jaded sarcasm, so hysterical histrionics are my style from now on, and for that one needs capitals.

a prize for the first person to get the c-word on there

23. Cookster says:

@ Skink – what, Carps?

24. poor lisa says:

I like the way Dave of Mt Lawley is more outraged at WAT than Nippon lunchbox.

Outrage is notoriously difficult to direct with any sort of precision. Or rationality. Apparently.

Fucking Outrage being the notable exception.

26. Rolly says:

Hey! Which of you’se hijacked my “metrocentric twat”?????
    Not a nice, compassionate thing to do.
    I should’ve copyrighted it.

27. Rolly says:

And where’s my new gravatar showing my version of a “des. res.” Eh? Eh?

28. Rolly says:

Oh! It was you, skink.
    Ok. Forgiven (sort of ) but don’t do it again. Naughty boy.

Skink – challenge accepted. We’ll soon see how much attention the moderator is paying.

LA – my egocentric search on the Google for ‘metrocentric twat’ failed to return any results. Please have this looked into by the relevant people.

Dammit, it appears they at least pay some attention.

I was hoping a misspelled ‘can’t’ would make it through. No such luck.

31. Ljuke says:

My comment about how you should have your head cut off made it through.

32. ratbag23 says:

“Good Riddance To Bad Rubbish”

Should be Howard’s epitath.

33. ratbag, I hope you will be monitoring PR to see if Riddance objects

34. I was slightly surprised that every person I have spoken to has said “Fair call” to saying “Good riddance” to Howard Sattler’s old mum.

35. Rolly says:

@34 The Lazy Aussie

Well, she has to carry the blame for giving birth to the idiot and bringing him up with a messianic complex.

LA @34 – how do they feel about beheading?

37. The Rattler Files activity is directly proportional to how much interest is stirred up by TWOPPERS. May Rattler’s mother R.I.P neither mentioned by Rattler ( in pursuit of more column inches) or any one else , just remembered fondly by those who knew her.

I lay claim the prize for getting the C-word onto Sattler’s blog

you have to look hard, but it’s there

random capitals have their uses

Hurrah for Compasionate, the sneaky cunt (bastard).

40. I get the feeling no-one’s at home there. they seem to have lost interest.

agreed, as have I

Bento briefly fanned a flickering flame of interest, but if you can insult his mother, threaten to euthanaze him, and call him a cunt, then the moderator may have taken his eye off the ball. if there is a moderator any more. maybe that was one of the cutbacks

I guess it’s inevitable when the vast majority of your contributors are trolls egging each other on.

43. Paracleet says:

I’m interest to know how long it took you to fit a sentance around the C UNT skink.

44. Frank Calabrese says:

Latest Perth Radio Ratings, lets see how popular Rattler and the rest of 6PR REALLY is :-)

Sattler has excelled himself

today’s column criticizes Carp’s wife for looking ‘dowdy’ on election night.

“several emailers contended I’d sunk to a new low. At least one cruelly suggested my late mother was better off to have left such a low life as me behind.”

46. Ljuke says:

Did he say dowdy or dardy?

Racist.

47. Leo says:

Yes, but only if his mother was also really pissed, stoned or drugfucked at the time.

Looks like my plans for Bento Sunday #1 just got topical. Way to go, Howard Sattler’s reanimated corpse.

it does make you wonder why on earth she went on Sattler’s show, it’s not like he has either credibility or an audience. I can only think that after the menu business yesterday one of her minders thought: ‘let’s put her in front of a right-wing reactionary bigot and hope he says something daft that lets us continue the argument that The Right are misogynistic, homophobic and racist.’

Yesterday I was thinking that Gillard’s comments about women were a cunning plan to force Abbott to put Bishop and Mirabella on the telly, and thus prove the argument that he does not promote ‘women of calibre’

50. lass says:

I typed into Google morality vs immorality and got 15,900.000 results. I then typed in howard Sattler vs immorality and got 644,000 results. Does that mean Sattler is 4% of the world’s immorality? Good god. Do we have a spray??

• Shazza says:

Head meet desk.

• scanners says:

In the last seven months commercial radio talkback/shock jocks have been linked with the suicide of a nurse in London, made a racial slur, and now a homophobic slur. They must feel so proud of themselves.

• skink says:

I was talking with a friend in London today
        he doesn’t see a lot of news from Australia, but the few stories he has seen in the last week were:
        1. Eddie McGuire
        2. that menu
        3. David Warner’s drunken assault
        4. refugee bodies left floating at sea.
        5. and now Sattler

what a fine picture that paints of contemporary Australia