A Glimpse of The Dutchman

I don’t know if there is another explanation for this apparition. I can only think it was a glimpse of The Dutchman. Someone may be able to correct me. Is it an ad or artwork? Had to take this while driving.

“The Flying Dutchman is usually spotted from afar, sometimes seen to be glowing with ghostly light. It is said that if she is hailed by another ship, her crew will often try to send messages to land or to people long since dead. In ocean lore, the sight of this phantom ship is reckoned by seafarers to be a portent of doom.”

Well we were in Rockingham. Cries from the ghostly crew were “Tell Mark McGowan I voted for him!”, “If only I could be in Centrepoint Midland!” and “Aaaaaaar ya swab. Doomed ye be to live in Rockingham. Aaaaar!”

flying dutchman

This entry was posted in worst art, worst public art and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to A Glimpse of The Dutchman

1. Golden1 says:

What about “LAND HO!”

2. CK says:

What’s a land whore?

3. Golden1 says:

As opposed to ship’s ho.

4. arthurvandelay says:

Tagged.

5. Anonymous Perthon says:

Perhaps its a mock up of some proposed apartments they are building there? Is that golfing Brendon I see in the corner?

6. Rage says:

I think it may actually be a gift from APEC or Rotary or something.

They should have asked for a receipt.

7. Rage says:

And by ‘APEC’, clearly, I meant ‘APEX’. Unless this is shitey compensation for bringing George W into our country without bounding him up with itchy rope and tranquilising him first.

8. Nettie says:

My sister used to live down that way and they seem to have lots of silly shippy-themed stuff about the place.
    Perhaps they want to bang it into people’s head that they’re next to the ocean?

9. The Intellectual Bogan says:

Well it’s better than letting on that you’re next to Kwinana.

10. shlock holmes says:

elementary my dear watson, this is the case of the myopic dutchman who mistook rolling ocean for rolling lawn.

11. Bedfords Crackpot Fraternity says:

“Friggin in the riggin there was *-* all else to do…!!” If anyone cares to google the City of Rockingham for a pic of the Lord Mayor Mr Barry “Really BAD Eggs”Sammels, you’ll understand why this ship is where it is! He be a Poyrate arl roight!….

12. Pingback: Weekend Worstoff 39 « The Worst of Perth