Mr Joyboy to reception please

Isn’t this wonderful! I’m going to have to award it a not worst just for the halo on the frog alone. What a superb piece of Hamilton Hill that should be preserved forever. I’ve been imagining myself in the role of Mr Joyboy all day, and remember, “Little Aimée will be wagging her tail in Heaven for you tonight.” Has a feel of one of my favourite posts. By Sharon neé Shazza whose wind tousled hair I assume can be seen in the reflection.

This entry was posted in not worst and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Mr Joyboy to reception please

1. rottobloggo says:

I have a Special Friend.

Wonderful: yes, not worst.

2. Grrr says:

If I were the sort of person driven to random acts of violence and property destruction I would be well advised to keep myself away from Hammy Hill.

On the other hand, at least the old servo is being used and I am quite interested in the ’60s style arch house in the background.

The art qualifies as a positive suburban horror. But at least the JW’s artist has found a new medium to work on.

(And here’s a fun fact: if you spend a bit of time on the google-maps looking at Blackwood Avenue / Carrington Street you’ll notice some sort of circular building which goes from being a building site to a manicured lawn with one mouse click).

Magnificent. Someone needs to venture inside, to confirm whether they have frog-shaped coffins.

• rottobloggo says:

They could give some friendly and constructive help with apostrophes: “At Perth Pet Cremations we really do understand the impact it can have on you and your family when you’re much beloved family pet passes away….”

4. sharon says:

Laugh myself silly everytime I have the misfortune to be heading in the direction of Spearwood and see this place. I suppose the servo space allows for the hearse to pull up out the front so they can load the crazy crab coffin in with dignity and respect.

I really want this to be a drive-through service, and that you could just throw your dead pets in there from a moving vehicle, perhaps like this:

6. Balingup mushroom inspired art -I bet there would be a lot of crap on that stairway to heaven!

7. vegan says:

i want that white horse to be a unicorn.

8. Pete says:

Lots of rainbows but limited unicorns. A definite not worst, tinged with why didn’t I think of separating pet owners from their cash so easily? Possibly a better target demographic than grandparents.

9. Tullio says:

There needs to be a special worst category for the imaginative reuse of Roster service stations – a uniquely Perthian feature.

10. Rolly says:

Beauty, Shazz.
    A post that ticks all the boxes – except the rear entry – especially the highly desirable photographer reflection.
    A most not worst worst by miles.

11. Russell Wolfe's Lovechild says:

Gone to Frog?

Mr Joyboy is Orbea, He annoys me for the enjoyment of it!

13. James says:

Having lost a pet, i find this building offensive – its an insult to pet owners’ grief, although clearly it is a poor reference to the Rainbow Bridge poem. I think its patronizing to pet owners’ grief and totally trivialises it.

14. Pingback: The Best Worsts of 2011 | The Worst of Perth

15. mrsstone says:

I have some shocking news to share. This business has taken the stairway to heaven and is now a vanished worst.