Unread reds riles red of head

In this week of bad news, let me supend my original photos only policy for a moment, for one of the feelgood stories of the year. (Click for larger).  Thanks Bento. Remember the 2010 election Communard Alex “Bluebeard” Bainbridge? Here he is reading a Green Left he hasn’t had to fucking pay for pay for, while berating local libraries for blocking Stalinism to the pensioners, tightarses and school kids who don’t have their own computer. Look at them wallowing in Hegemony and collective beards.  Apart from “Corporate Theatre” are there two words better than “Green Left” to take you back to 1985? I think this deserves a reccomendation to read the whole Voice this week. Or at least grab a Beef & Bevy from The Oxford, or one of their Pint & Punjabs. (Bevy? Really? Pint & Punjab? Seriously?) Well done that paper. Kudos David “Jezza” Bell for the best local story of the year. And I haven’t yet mentioned Stephen “Dog’s bollock” Pollock’s story about Stirling’s plan to make the stabhole that is the Stirling Station precinct Perth’s new CBD. Why don’t we just bash and or rape ourselves and save the 16 billion? A light rail to Glendalough and Scarborough? Why the fuck not? How about a river of feces to the heart of the sun? It’s all possible in Stirling!  A front page to make the Subi Post spew their guts. Not worst.

This entry was posted in not worst and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to Unread reds riles red of head

Fucking magnificent post. An instant classic. Bravo, sir.

• I was originally going to write this without drinking, but I thought, no, no, do it right or go to Bunnings.

• Post will have to lift game.

• skink says:

it’s so good we’ll forget about the spelling mistakes and won’t get infinitely configurable on your user’s end.

I thought all the bearded ranga green lefties were sent to a Gulag in Gingin in 1987?

who knew that Stirling had a centre? I LIVE in Stirling and I don’t know where the fuck it is. It’s like that Stein quote: ‘The trouble with Stirling is that when you get there, there isn’t any there there.’

and why would you want a flock of birds with your beef?

2. Grrr says:

I hope Community will rise to the challenge and, in true Murdochian Tradition, prove* that this is all a liberal conspiracy, a false-flag if you will, to obscure the fact that those pinko-commies in the City of Bayswater are stopping the god-fearing pensioners of the “Green” city from hearing the words of Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann and Andrew Bolt on the Interwebs.

(*Actual proof not needed).

3. sharon says:

The People Shall Govern poster in the background just adds to the whole shebang doesn’t it. Brilliant.

4. poor lisa says:

I’ve wanted to frame this cover, it’s brilliant.
    Oh and the tweets, gold.

I don’t know what the legal system is coming to these days. Just look at this bloke, just raised to the bench of the Supreme Court. He’s only 37, and wouldn’t appear to have any of the qualifications or experience necessary to be a judge. He wasted his youth getting three degrees and a Rhodes Scholarship, and then fannied around as a Professor at Oxford. What charity work has he done? Is he a gay icon? Where are the newspaper columns and the television adverts? He’s never been in the social pages, so how will anyone know who he is? He doesn’t even have an amusing haircut.

Osborne Park light rail is a fantastic idea. I look forward to whiling away my Saturday afternoons buying lounge suites and white goods, and then having a convenient tram to take them home on.

7. Lucky Star says:

I find the call to child labour in red on the right amusing,too. “Ban The Boredom”. Sure, because sticking crappy newspapers in strangers mailboxes is really going to keep kids amused for hours. Maybe if they’re putting spiders or dog poo in there too…

8. The dark Murdochian forces e’er extend to the Bayswater city council library. The people united will never be defeated. And ,yes Perth will shortly be renamed Stirling.Light rails everywhere. Oh the peoples rejoice.

9. vegan says:

i’ve been patronising the bayswater library for ten years and can’t say i knew such a ban was in place.

10. rottobloggo says:

I dip my lid to David ‘Ding-Dong’ Bell: he is a fine reporter.

I did have a library story on the front of Saturday’s POST – but it didn’t even have an accompanying pic, so there was no beard in sight.

How can I shift from the POST to the Voice? Might David be interested in a job swap?

I cannot wait to forget about Cottesloe and Claremont and spend my time in Stirling and Bayswater instead.

11. rottobloggo says:

I hope that coffee being drunk by the woman on the right is Fair Trade.

12. Russell Wolfe's Lovechild says:

Personally I’ve lost count of the number of times I have been in Stirling and though “If only I was in Glendalough”. Clearly I am not alone. The current public transport plan is obviously based on the premise “I’m in Glendalough – if only I was in somewhere that isn’t Glendalough”.

Even a Green Left Weekly reader could see the inherent weakness of this approach.

Isnt that what a libary is for people go there to read books and Use the Internet,Stupid City Of Bayswater,Stupid Libary!

14. RaginDave says:

Go past the front page to find another “worst”. Some woman is making a documentary about Hyde Park and apparently she had never heard about it being a “cottaging hotspot”. Obviously no qualified for the job.

15. Pingback: Occupy Perth | The Worst of Perth