Weekend Worstoff 153

That fucking rainmaker Bento: just after I checked in at Bobbi’s yesterday, he sends me a pic of a competing outlet. “Barragup is the pole dancing capital of Peel,” the balcony-strutting bozo says. Maaate: is Barragup that new Maylands sub-division? Wot-eva.

Do you think our parliamentarians pole-dance? They have planking on their minds: see this media release as evidence. A young person told me yesterday planking was “so 2008”. I don’t believe that. Black/white. Hemingway/Waugh. Vegemite/kausundi. Pole dancing/planking. Hoey/TL101. I’m sorry, I lost my grip on reality there for a moment.

Let’s face it, anyone planking and pole-dancing at the same time is OFF THEIR FACE and DANGEROUS. I love this strap in the latest Community papers. Is that an angel with a dirty face in the graphic? He is off his face, anyway. It’s a mass face-off. I’ve got the fear! The only thing we have to fear is the fear of people being off their faces. Face it, people: you are out of your trees, and as mad as a cut snake OFF HIS FACE. It’s all news near you (but not that near).

If it’s all getting too much for you – you know the number to call.

This entry was posted in weekend worstoff, worst advertising, worst architecture, worst graffiti, worst journalist, worst newspaper, worst politician, Worst suburb and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Weekend Worstoff 153

1. RubyRuby says:

Don’t be taken in by that last one. It pretends to be a simple quiz question but really they’re just phishing and charging you premium rates while they do it.

2. NF#1 says:

Triumph of the bored
    If you can’t beat ’em join ’em
    Go on, walk the plank

Maybe Bento takes Poll dancing class (Joke).

4. Shazzanator says:

Off to a flying start David. Pole n Tone’s got a bit of a Snow Town vibe going on. Superb worst.

• rottobloggo says:

I appreciate your positive feedback, Sharon.

Bento described it as “sinister as fuck”, which hit the spot.

Barragup ? You’re making these up now.

Regardless, I think she’s using the four way finger post arrangement or the ever popular 3 sided or ‘V’ option. You don’t want to know about the ‘box 78’ section.

6. RubyRuby says:

New depths plumbed by a Perth paper.

ishoperth is the latest offering from Community papers. I’m not quite sure what its target audience is… but they were trying to get rid of copies of edition 1 (from last week) at City of Perth Library today.

Have yet to read all of it, but the Global News section – “Hear & There – quirky titbits from around the globe” – concludes a piece, on the auction of the hat Beatrice wore to her cousin’s wedding, with this line which has to contend for sloppy journalism:

“The hat is rumoured to have its own Facebook page.”

*sigh*