Pole Alliance

I even know some people who are learning the art of the pole here! I didn’t know it was so close to Camp Communard aka Media & Arts Alliance HQ. Talk about location, location! Bobbi’s Pole Dancing School is apparently doing a roaring trade with Media & Arts Alliance staff. Queues of union officials stubbing out rollies and hawking up phlegm abalones can often stretch from the MEAA office to Bobbi’s front door. MEAA staff may have lungs like bitumen driveways, but thanks to Bobbi’s classes, they also have abs and thighs like Greek Gods. I believe Outrage Cohen is taking the 4 week “Luscious Legs” course.

Bobbi’s, can we organise a discount for TWOP readers?
BTW, that red pole in the foreground is a light pole, and is not affiliated with Bobbi’s.

Apparently I need remind readers to consider their comments carefully.

Outrage Cohen is apparently being represented televisually.

This entry was posted in worst of perth. Bookmark the permalink.

57 Responses to Pole Alliance

1. Bag O'Turnips says:

This could become a symbiotic relationship, having the pole dancing studio near MEAA’s office. Not so much for the aforementioned jaded journos going to learn the finer arts of shimmying and sliding along a vertical pole, but more for those who actually put these skills out into use, such as, um, burlesque dancers at adult (and I say “adult”, as in age rather than perceptive ability) venues. The MEAA represents these folks (they would be under the “E” component of this union) and jokes aside, more of these women who work under the conditions they do—it’s not all that glamourous putting up with sexual harassment in what is, after all, their workplace by punters and owners alike—should take a walk down the street and sign on.

2. Bag O'Turnips says:

Also big cheers to you TLA, for putting up the Fora TV link of the discussion I talked about that was on ABC Radio National recently, featuring Don Watson and AC Grayling, that was moderated by DFOC.

Nice to have a televisual element with Teh Outrage, who cuts a sharp presence on the screen. Thanks!

B O’T

3. G'day from WA says:

I’d say they chose their location unwisely – six poles providing services for free right outside their door.

The MEAA smoking area looks a little pokey. Or is that just the Executive Smoking Area, with the admin staff required to use the street block behind the building?

Thanks very much for the FORA.tv link, TLA. Don Watson was particularly funny, and I thought DFOC acquitted himself rather well, except for the shirt and footwear, obviously.

6. Rachel says:

You people have no idea! Pole dancing is an international aerial art/sport, with Cirque du Soleil artist Felix Cane (trained at Bobbi’s) as the current world champion. Bobbi’s is one of the best pole studios in the WORLD!
    I am an American, and I WISH I could study there. I am not a stripper, I am a classical violinist with international competition wins and performances on my resume. I am a music teacher, and I am a married woman with two children. AND I TAKE POLE DANCING LESSONS. With the full support of my husband, BTW. Get your minds out of the gutter, and educate yourselves as to what pole dancing has evolved into.

• Whoa, hold on there Rachel. Who has their mind in the gutter? Could it be you? Most of the comments seem to be about the smoking habits of unionists. I don’t see any that are “In the gutter. Didn’t I say in my first sentence that I know people learning at this very studio? It appears that you haven’t even read the post or any of the comments. And you call yourself a violinist? For shame. Educate yourself about what smartaresery has become. And you call yourself an American? For shame! And you claim to have a resume? For shame. And you have the full support of your husband to play the violin? For SHAME!

• Bento says:

It is indeed a sad indictment of the world we live in, when a classically trained American violinist can’t even go trawling the internet for ‘pole dancing’ without inadvertently stumbling, after probably only the 20th Google search page, over someone writing something that, in her imagination, is offensive.

A sad indictment indeed.

• It’s the husband’s support of her violining that I find most disturbing. Once he let that slide, he was whipped.

• Bento says:

It’s a slippery slope. One minute your wife’s learning the ukulele, next thing you know, she’s making ‘friends’ in Maddington.

• WAtching says:

Brilliant.

Drop by any time you please, Rachel.

• Hutch says:

Better a slippery slope than a slippery pole.

• skink says:

can you play the violin whilst hanging upside down gripping the pole by your legs?

preferably whilst wearing a skimpy spangly costume?

maybe something by Bartok

now that’s a classy act.

not just about the shoving

I’d pay to see that

better than the Cirque de fucking Soleil.

although I can’t help thinking that one small slip and you’d never play the violin again

• Hutch says:

Almost impossible to do any fiddling after that. A bit of genuine pole dancing
                  at Cirque du Soleil would certainly make it worth the huge cost.

• B.T. says:

Hubby must be Australian, a real American husband wouldn’t condone that sort of thing.

• Hutch says:

Or have the resources to finance it without any return, whether it be monetary or “in kind”.
              Cum to think of it, probably no time to collect any returns anyway.

• Snuff says:

I hope you study for god, Rachel. And no tireless charity work ? Shame.

• David Cohen says:

Rachel, I thank you for not condemning my vibrant Hawaiian shirt and fresh-out-of-the-box Vanilla Ice thongs.

• Jaidyn-Jaxxon says:

uh-uh, say no-no to the ho-ho gir’frend

• Hutch says:

So pole dancing originated as a sport / non “adult” art form and was appropriated by “gentlemen’s” establishments? In
      USA perchance?

• skink says:

I was going to make a joke about it originating in Poland, but then I remembered that Kath and Kim already did that joke

noice

• I Clavdivs says:

Rachel, you are obviously a a busy woman who doesn’t have time for cravings.

7. CB One says:

This photo will be even better in a few months time when the church opens up in the old print factory just next to Bobbi’s.

Will pastors be taking lessons? I might even attend a service or two if it’s delivered whilst hanging upside down from a polished pole.

You’re looking at Perth’s latest Evangelical Christian ghetto. Cement factory, pole dancing, media types and door knocking preachers. And people complain that there’s no vibrancy! That small little area HAS IT ALL!!

• Shreiking Wombat says:

There’s also a few brothels over that way, unless I’m very much mistaken.

• Natalia Fan #1 says:

True Christians condemn pole dancing, making the above scenario unlikely. Such poles are known from the Old Testament, which in several places relates how the Canaanites erected these in honour of the fertility goddess Asherah, consort of Baal – hence their name, “Asherah poles”.

“Do not set up any Asherah beside the altar you build to the Lord your God” (Deut 16:21).

• Jaidyn-Jaxxon says:

what, you mean like this?

8. Pingback: Toped again | The Worst of Perth

9. RubyRuby says:

Dee-Fock, will you be in the mosh for Teh Tone at UWA tonight? Or have you had all the Grayling you need?

10. Pingback: Weekend Worstoff 153 | The Worst of Perth

I think its pole dancing intrested Bento.

Jezza Bell has a puff piece on Bobbi’s in this week’s Voice. He’s just fucking pranking us now, isn’t he?