Weekend Worstoff 73

Thanks to all who bought a Worst product yesterday. Will be more in the next few days. If you want a calendar or card with a specific image, I will also make those available.

Now more fucking Future Perthers are infesting the city. No doubt they will be handing out badly photocopied texts in the Cultural Centre and mumbling about vibrancy. And yes, of course they do mention vibrancy. On the upside, there seems to be no Patti Chongs or monorail merchants. The topic is Perth a balanced or unbalanced utopia? Hmm, it may be possible to answer that one without a conference. Future Perthers are getting more crazy than truthers. Thanks Bento for spotting that.

Some excellent Japaneser worst from DJ Snuff. I haven’t got room for them all today, so will have to add some next weekend.

A giant mermaid on the roof of a Soap (massage parlour) in the red light district of Naha, capital of the island of Okinawa and a deliciously outre bollard thingy in Nagoya. Thanks Snuff.

week73nagoyaweek73soapAnd I see that Inside Cover has rather boringly gone back to wacky number plates. I don’t know why, they can’t really show them as they don’t have an online presence. But David Frank sent me this, along with Urban dictionary definition of scrag. thanks mate.

week73scragAnd Curious sent me a couple, one of which I’ll save for later. Here is an example of a bad bench. A well meaning but bad bench in Stirling Street.

week73benchThanks everyone. Worst well.

This entry was posted in weekend worstoff, worst car, worst furniture, worst public art and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Weekend Worstoff 73

The Utopiafest is $220 – less than half of Cookster’s recent Vibrance Convention.

Maybe Bento’s rainbow-coloured taxis need personalised plates?

Just trying to connect the vibrance dots and make everyone’s job easier.

I saw a Merry’s ad during the footy last night that was sans Chong. Her image has also been expunged from their city store.

another vanished worst

boo hoo

Unbalanced ? Wouldn’t that make it a dystopia, even if a vibrant one ? Perhaps they mean Rotto ? It’s hard to say when the Keynote Speaker is an intersection, and the seminar will look at Perth through the eyes of users. Most of the junkies I’ve known could barely locate the Methadone Clinic.

Avagoodweegend.

4. curious says:

i see in today’s worst that la chong is one of the top twenty people a listers.

obviously we are seriously lacking in vibrancy if that’s the best we can do.

5. curious says:

and that top photo made my eyes water.

6. phreestyle says:

All these ‘future of Perth’ conferences speak to self esteem issues.

I like that the ‘utopia’ aspect is taken as given, and the debate is only as to whether it is ‘balanced’, whatever the fuck that means.