All your bays are belong to us…

A lost battle is a battle one thinks one has lost.
Jean-Paul Sartre

From Tim. CPP parking robots have worserer grammar than mine. Ai Ya! You are broken isn’t it?

parking

This entry was posted in worst sign and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to All your bays are belong to us…

1. Vic Demised says:

And this at our State Library, hallowed bastion of literacy!

I think this may actually reveal the region of origin of the software running the display. But if File 1 not exists, what hope is there?

2. Grrr says:

Damn Chinese software.

Maybe File 2 will be our only hope?

Computer said no
    And the loneliness of the parker
    Was filed away.

Existence, well what does it matter?
    I exist on the best terms I can.
    The past is now part of my future,
    The present is well out of hand.
    The present is well out of hand.

This is what LOL Cats have done to our English language. I wonder if Zoltan Kovacs has an opinion?

Probably not.

6. Hovean says:

Query to Haiku buffs:
    If ‘dog’ has one syllable, how many does ‘dogs’ have?

If my Grade 1 clapping method is to be relied upon (hi, Mrs McNally!), I’d have to say one.

It depends, Hovean, on whether you’re writing it in Japanese or English. Clearly, dog and dogs both have one syllable, but ‘inu’ has two ‘on’.

9. And so, we are back to Rectangle 1.

10. I quickly slapped in a Satre quote, existence and all that, without really noticing how banal it was.

I used to work with a girl who pronounced ‘banal’ to rhyme with ‘anal’. Made me snigger every time (which, admittedly, was not that often).

12. Snuff, you should have used the reply button rather than comment. (Trying to get people to use new feature) That way your reply to a comment will stick with the comment, rather than be further down the list.

• Bento says:

Being a bit banally retentive about the use of the reply function (nyuk nyuk)?

• Frank Calabrese says:

And note that it is not a method of sending private messages which I found out the hard way on the weekend :-)

btw thanks LA for fixing that :-0)

• Snuff says:

Thanks, TLA. Indeed, I should have. My apologies. It was a very big weekend, and I’m still half asleep.

Heath Ledger just won the Oscar

brace yourselves for an egregious outpouring of confected emotion incongruously accompanied by ocker patriotism.

a prize for anyone who spots the first time someone in the media links Heath Ledger to the bushfires

14. poor lisa says:

I know Glen Milne isn’t anything to do with Perth but he has put the nurry to shame in this column.

“So eloquent is my emailer I’ll [fill up the rest of my column with a cut & paste]”

Tip for factional hacks – don’t waste your time working the press gallery with leaks and favours; just email your information to Glenn Milne & he’ll print it in our national press….

Now the cynical journalist in me wonders if this is a local version of this US story:

16. Pingback: Parking in Perth - gresley abas

17. Pingback: Yabas Recurring « The Worst of Perth

18. BrownBook says:

I can confirm that as of today (12th March 09), File 1 is still not exist.