Colin, clear your canal mate.

A third post in one day? Normally that would be spoiling you, but Lisa just came through with this from the Perthnow website in their Ask Colin section.

Lisa rightly asks, “Colin why is there something hanging out of your nose?”

A bushman’s blow for every western Australian.

A bushman's blow for every West Australian

A bushman's blow please.

This entry was posted in worst of perth, worst photo and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Colin, clear your canal mate.

1. Vic Demised says:

Proves how different Col’s hooter is from Troy-Boy’s. Col hasn’t sniffed anything in a long while.

2. Paracleet says:

I like the backbencher type stooge questions that have been slipped in. The only thing missing is the odd “Mr Speaker”…

I was particularly impressed by the voter who asked whether Barnett would improve on the last time he was Premier. huh…?

most of the questions would benefit from a Chaser-style rubber stamp: “This Person Votes”. apart from my question, that is, which was incisive.

more power to the elbow of the guy who signed himself “a vote for Barnett is a vote for Buswell'”

and on a tangent – did anyone see the Mount Isa women on the TV last night? They were picketing the Mayor with signs that said: “I am Ugly, and I Vote!”

4. Frank Calabrese says:

Which one is your question ?

And where is Anne of WA’s question ?

and Paul Murray in Teh West was so full of Bile, I was waiting for him to blow a Gasket, will he be hectoring the readers if Carps is returned ?

5. forkboy says:

Bleeding Party Room
    Bushmans blow to save the day
    Coagulate now!

6. poor lisa says:

My friend Poor Leanne posed the original question, just to give credit where credit is due.

my question was no. 28

“imagine if Troy Buswell were Headmaster of your children’s school. Would you consider his recent chair-sniffing and bra-snapping behaviour to be appropriate for someone in such a position of responsibility, and would you be happy to keep your children in a school that tolerated such behaviour?”

personally, I hope he gets asked the questions from the mull smokers and that guy that visits brothels.

8. Colon sniffs the breeze
    I can’t imprison them all
    his booger escapes

another tangent:

already posted on Crikey and YouTube was this Channel 7 report on the Claremont police tape.

look out for the guy showing Suzanna Carr his ring at 57s.

10. poor lisa says:

and an appropriate literary reference from the under-12’s canon:

11. Frank Calabrese says:

And teh Paul of the Nurries on Arrogance.

Mr Pot, meet Mr Kettle :-)

Boogeyman cometh
    He knows that elections not
    Foregone conclusion.

Bloody hell. Ann over at thewest.com.au is stealing my lines about the cop raid on The Sunday Times. OUTRAGE!

Ah, You’ve gotta love Nurry. You can almost hear Headstrong giving him the brief:

“we’ve got Westpoll to show up some concern about Carpenter’s arrogance, and I want you to drive it home. Nobody understands the subject better. The survey didn’t pick up anything about Barnett, because we didn’t ask any questions about him. Good job we didn’t, or we’d have ten per cent of voters concerned about that bogie.”

for once, I’m in agreement with Mega at the Oz, who has suggested that blog posters than cannot spell, use excessive capitals, people who are abusive, or stray off topic, and all nutters, should be moderated out of existence.

That’s me and Ann done for.

15. John Ryan says:

Hi Frank, Ann is alive and well and posting on the sundry slimes website under Spagnolo,and having a go at me after I called her a liberal troll,got a bit uppy about it, said usual stuff head across and have a dig

16. Frank Calabrese says:

Oh John you devil :-)

For those playing at home, here is the stoush.

17. The photo analysis I’ve had done says it is a piece of industrial fabric commonly used in office furniture, particularly chairs.

Ann’s post on Spagnolo is verbatim the same as her post on Nurry’s blog

I thought I was the only one to cut and paste

I note also that she has that habit of posting twice – can’t wait for her screen to refresh

19. Frank Calabrese says:

From the comments of Perth Now re leaked ALP Polling.

Perthnow might be pro-liberal because most ‘dumb’ labor voters don’t even know how to use the internet….hence their labor vote! Carn Liberal – Oust this hopeless Labor Govt..
    Posted by: Libs all the way of Perth 7:55pm today

20. Frank Calabrese says:

Mark Olson (secretary of the Australian Nurses Federation) on Ch10 on the Liberal Health Plan.

“I’m glad someone has finally thought of the car parking situation” (paraphrasing).

Nothing about the extra nurses or doctors or waiting lists, but a bloody car park

The man’s a joke.

21. BCF says:

Col “Captain Smug” seen above doing his carcass swingin’ in the breeze impression is about to perform a quadruple backflip with pike into canal full of glowing yellowcake while dressed in fluorescent mankini!

22. cimbali says:

I know I am probably the only one but I am getting really bored with all the comments that are just links to elsewhere.
    i read this blog to see funny, insightful, offensive or dumb comments about the issue of the day – not links to alleged funny, insightful, offensive and dumb comments said by someone else about something else, somewhere else in cyber space.
    it is just plain lazy of you all and I think you should lift your game.

23. You having a shot at some of our treasured Internet resources Cimbali. I have to pronounce you an ideas man and as we know they are dangerous.

24. Addendumb :tinyURL is very useful for long links as WordPress buggers them up

25. Frank Calabrese says:

Speaking of Canals, we now have Colin’s Pipe .

I would’ve posted this on William Bowe’s Pollbludger, but he has exceeded his bandwidth, which always happens at Election time.

A NATURAL gas pipeline from Bunbury to Albany will be built and operating within four years, if the WA Liberals are elected.

The proposed South-West pipeline will extend via Bridgetown and Manjimup at a cost of of around $225 million, with construction expected to begin in the first term of a Liberal Government.

Opposition leader Colin Barnett, announcing the policy this morning, said the pipeline was designed to develop a secure, reliable and safe energy supply for the future economic and social growth of the region.

26. John Ryan says:

Hi Frank, think Colin has a thing about pipes and canals,I will be interested to see how far he runs if he introduces the name and shame laws, given that the red necks will be whipped up into a frenzy by the usual suspects.
    Speaking of the usual suspects, she’s back on Colleen Egans blog,the same post just cosmetic changes, so rising to the bait I replied,another point on the name and shame, what will Barnett do if some one is killed no jury will convict give the nature of the offences he or she was named and shamed for, and he will keep people like Sattler in work for years.

27. Frank Calabrese says:

And here is the First WA Liberal Party TV ad.

The Talking Sedative :-)