Flange a fresco

Working in wet concrete is like working in wet plaster fresco, except the masters, say Giotto, or perhaps Michaelangelo would have rendered the flange in superb detail, with perhaps a gold halo over the head -which is also missing in this case. (On second thoughts, scrub Michaelangelo. Not a big flange jockey by all accounts.) I suppose this artist may have been interrupted by local residents coming out and whacking him with a broom? And Giotto didn’t have to hide behind a bush until the council workers had laid in a new stretch of wet plaster wall either. Actually, looks a bit like Tony Martin if you can consider the boozies as glasses. A nice gravatar for you TL101. This would be ahh, Inglewood I think. Near Bayswater subway.

This entry was posted in worst graffiti and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Flange a fresco

1. Shazz says:

Flange? I see a cartoon tiger.

If Tony Martin had a handlebar mustache, I guess.

3. perineum says:

…and it has the requisite cartoon three fingers. Now that’s attention to detail.

• My Ning could perhaps reflect on the full significance of Barnett’s apparent misstep.

• Bag O'Turnips says:

Beyond the usual “rape ‘n’ plunder at any cost” mining sector, I’m not sure if Barnett Rubble ever had any cred. I’m sure his estimation has evaporated with those who held somewhat Blue Collar Wiberwal views of the Howard Battlers who also happened to like a magic puff of something that wasn’t yet illegal.

I know of several of those selfsame types who’ve only now realised what a big mistake they made in voting out Carps…incompetent, arguably yes, but not anywhere near as keen to run a police state modelled on Court The Elder or Bjelke-Petersen like Rubble and Commissioner-at-Large Rob “Bobby” Johnson are. The State seat of Morley (of which I am a constituent) only fell to an otherwise also-ran Wiberwal candidate Ian Britza (I couldn’t remember his first name, such a shining light is he) due the fact that the Labored vote was split between ALP-turned-Independent John D’Orazio and the Channel 7 blow-in Rhys Whitby; given its demographic (which no doubt has its fair share of stoners, as after all Morley is, well, Morley), I doubt lightning would strike twice for him, given that he has about nil profile in these parts, which is most capricious (isn’t that a prerequisite for those of a born-to-rule mentality?) for a member of a currently marginal seat which is in otherwise traditional Labored heartland. I don’t vote for the ALP, but I am very much of the left in regards to The War On Drugs (i.e. harm minimisation via full legalisation, taxation and regulation of an efficacious and safe supply), which makes my view of the current State Government and their obstinately unenlightened position even more rankling.

Then again, no one ever lost money on wagering upon overestimating the stupidity of the average Western Australian voter and that we have an ineffectual and fey Opposition (though the State Branch’s opposition to uranium mining—at odds with the Federal stance—is admirably valiant, but quixotic) speaks volumes of the state of politics here.

4. Russell Wolfe's Lovechild says:

Agreed. Michaelangelo was a donger man. Leave the flange to the Pre-Raphaelites.

Michaelangelo is that Italian because it sounds like it?