MG Buddha

James N combines 2 worsts in one, or maybe 1 worst and one not. The odd little MG shop on Guildford Rd Maylands with dusty bits of junk of a vaguely MG/automotive nature. Reflected is the magnificence of the Buddhist Centre, which is the finest conversion of a squash courts I’ve ever seen.

This entry was posted in Uncategorisable Worsts, worst architecture. Bookmark the permalink.

85 Responses to MG Buddha

1. E.V. says:

Baffling- Is this an operating business, and if so, what’s it called? It looks like it may once have been a shop selling parts & accessories for MG owners, and three lonely steering wheels is the only original stock that remains, sitting alongside the bizarre collection from the Baldivis tip shop/recycle centre. The car pictures would be OK if they weren’t faded almost out of existance. I think I can make out a 67(?) Pontiac GTO in the picture closest to the steering wheels.

2. Natalia Fan #1 says:

All reconditioned squash courts
    Are like dreams, illusions, bubbles, or shadows;
    Like drops of dew, or flashes of lightning;
    Thusly should they be contemplated.

3. vegan says:

the first image is completely not worst.

4. Stu says:

A definite not worst (The MG shop) an icon of Guildford road, always catches my eye as I drive past. A bit tired though I’ll agree

5. orbea says:

D-Fuzzy was on 6PR last night – Meeja Monitor Lizard Summary

8.13pm Printed newspapers doomed:
    Int: DAVID COHEN, media commentator – on TV magnate Kerry Stokes saying printed newspapers could be gone; many others have predicted the demise of newspapers since they started 400 years ago; he thinks they’ll still be going for a while yet; the telegraph went the way of the Dodo; the internet has challenged newspapers over the past few years; sales have shrunk; classified advertising is called rivers of gold; on the internet intruding on newspapers advertising; newspapers are still a good deal for advertising.

6. Russell Woolf's Lovechild says:

So what are Buddhist squash players supposed to do?

7. BRIK says:

Any pictures anywhere of the old Squash Court?

Erl ill never shop there.

9. JustDazzling says:

Surely it’s got to be a “worst” in any category or image where the photographer is also captured (reflected / shadow puppet etc)? Or is that part and parcel of the point being made?

10. PJ says:

We hired a British Racing Green MGB from him in 2005 for a few days. There were four out front, four in the shop & a beautiful red “A” which I nearly bought. The A had been fully restored, & ALL the other “B “s were in pristine condition. The rates were reasonable, & the car drove like a true MG. No BS real sports car.
    It appears obvious that some people who have commented on this topic have never driven a car without power steering & had to actually DRIVE a car at speed.

Oh yes, & I am not bald either.

11. PJ says:

Lazy Aussie, your name says it all. In answer to your misinformed reply. To which stats do you refer with regard to sales of Mg’s. HAving checked with several clubs, most of them do not carry this information. Maybe some obscure part of the ABS you know of does.
    I know manyMG’s which have recently been bought & hired by men without receding hair lines. Look it up dipstick, age does not neccessarily bring about hair loss. Comes from good genes.
    I was not dumped by a long suffering wife. My wife & I were in the first week of our Honeymoon, I ran your “sorry arsed wanker ” theory past my wife & children. They seem to think that I am alright, & have done fine. Let me know when you nurse a sick wife through cancer till she loses the battle, & put four children through Uni. Oh, & I do run a quite successful business. You should be very careful with regard to accusing people of lying.

And Bento, monocle? what ancient history did you get that from. You know that sitting around watching old black & white movies on your Beta all night long will get you pidgeon holed.

Orbea, you obviously need to look at all cars from that era, & what the engineering of the day was like, compared to the build price of the vehicle. Also have a look at how much room was built into the vehicle for the owner to modify its performance. Go & get one of your associates with an disposition for objectivity to drive one & tell you how they drive. Or wait until you are old enough to get a licence & try to do it yourself. You make the assumption that I am a loser based on what fact? That my wife hired an MG for me for a few days while we were transitting Perth on our honeymoon? She knows that I like to restore old cars, I thought it a nice getsure. All of our friends & family did too. Sorry I am not familiar with Hugo or the tale which you have mentioned.
    As for your last, sounds like you should pay more attention in school & learn how to use the language. Dont worry, things will get easier for you when you get to high school.

A message to you each of you clowns from my children( yes they are all over 21 ), if you keep using all four of your hands to stretch both of your penis’ , you will go blind. As it seems that your continual wanking has driven you way past stupidity.
    Its very easy for fools like you lot to hide behind the anonymity of the net& your clever avatars. Get out into the sunshine & get a life

• rottobloggo says:

Wonderful.

• Bento says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you called around the MG clubs to see if they kept stats on the ratio of bald members.

The monocle is right there on your photograph. Or are you suggesting that its been photoshopped on to a monocle-less photograph of you?

• Actually you can find the stats via the tucking Tshirt into jeans section of the Aust govt stats website

• orbea says:

socks, sandals and farah shorts index ABS Series 3221.9 (2011) – South Australia is booming on a rapidly rising trend of comfortable but daggy balding loosers

• rottobloggo says:

Pidgeon holed Mg’s
      Are an disposition of
      Hugo’s nice getsures.

• orbea says:

Pyjamas,

have a look at

poorly powered, overweight, saggy suspensioned, dud electrics mid life crisis car for boring english tweed addled nostalgia saddoes

room to modify performance = underveloping the original engineering by making it so shit that car nerds like you can rabbit on about camshaft profile, OHV versus OHC, oversquare blocks versus torque and power at various parts of the rev range, coilover dampers versus macpherson struts …

looser

• Snuff says:

Thanks so much for your excellent reply, PJ. You are absolutely right. He is lazy, and he is an Aussie. I’m also very interested in statistics with regard to MG sales/hire and baldness, and I hope you can help me. You mentioned that most of the clubs you checked do not carry this information, so could you please pass on the names of those clubs which do. It would greatly assist my research.

Thanks also for the information that hair loss comes from good genes. I did not know that.

Thanks especially for asking your wife and children if you are a “sorry asked wanker”. Orbea would do well to follow your example of consulting those with an (sic) disposition for objectivity. I’m somewhat concerned, however, that they only seem to think that you are alright, so you might want to broaden the range of your research. Which University taught your children that humans have four hands and two penii, by the way ?

Finally, thanks for taking the time to forgo the sunshine and a life, and for not hiding behind the anonymity of the net, PJ.

• shazza says:

“get a life” There it is.
      “clever avatars”. That says a lot too.

Do your kids know what satire means PJ? And no it’s not something you put on kebabs.

12. Rolly says:

I originate from near the home of the real sports car – Morgan
    MGs were always a choice for people who were either
    a. afraid of horsepower (e.g. Allard, Alvis, Bentley, Maserati, Ferrari or even Austin Healy 3000 et al), or
    b. were fiscally challenged, or
    c. were more influenced by fashion than performance, or
    d. simply had no idea of what ‘sports’ really means, or
    e. any combination of the above.

I drove a venerable NA for a while which was probably the least desirable vehicle in terms of power, braking, handling and creature comfort; a real masochist’s delight.
    Then I was loaned a Morgan Plus 4.
    Again one for the masochist, but with genuine handling abilities, adequate (just) power, and brakes that actually reduced one’s speed, even after a long descent.
    Comfortable, it was not; feeling more like a go-kart on freight wagon springs.
    My poor coccyx remains delicate nearly half a century later.

if you want information about performance cars and their relationship to baldness, loneliness, and a complete lack of a sense of humour, then Richarbl is your man.

by the way: My wife had and I am currently putting three children through private school. I earn quite a lot of money and I ride a Vespa. What was your point again?

• Rolly says:

Dunno what his point was, but does yours have something to do with a masochistic (there I go using that term again ) desire to be bashed and mutilated by the ‘living in a personal bubble’ brigade which infests the roadways in and around Perth.
      Gord almighty, some of them can’t even avoid a bloody great palm tree on the dividing strip of a perfectly straight piece of road.
      It’s no use confining yourself to the footpaths, either.

• NF#1 says:

You could have yet again mentioned your Augusta holiday house, Skink. Just sayin’.

15. Rolly says:

PJ might have benefited from today’s offer from “Catch of the Day”:
    “Luxury Handcrafted Shag Plush Rugs”
    It would have taken the edge off the discomfort of copulating in the ultimate misery machine.

16. Anonymous says:

Hahaha my goodness what a laugh this page has given me