Friezing at The Piccadilly

By JaneZ. Piccadilly Arcade. No, I’m not sure either. She seems to have had a half leg wax, comparing thigh to calf. He is at the same time skinny and flabby. There may be cucumbers.

This entry was posted in worst art, worst public art and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Friezing at The Piccadilly

1. David cohen says:

After ice hockey
    We pick our dillies to keep
    Cucumber-cool.

2. shazza says:

Jane Z that’s well spotted. Beautiful.
    They’d both make great foot models with those high arches.

3. JaneZ says:

It may be heritage shite, but it’s still shite.

I’m intrigued by this enigmatic image, which is apparently the work of Edward Kohler, who was also responsible for the memorial of architect and Lieutenant General Sir JJ Talbot Hobbs, (seen here buried in Canary Island palms on Riverside Drive), and the statue of King George V outside the Brisbane City Hall, (seen looking much better here than here, apparently facing the wrong way on top of a dunny.

• Mez says:

Kohler is one of a few very good figurative sculptors to come out of Perth but now largely forgotten. There is actually lots of his work around town (mostly heads largely forgotten Generals) – I think there is one in the science department at UWA and also a bust of General MacArthur at the Australian War Memorial – both quite good. The Smith’s should visit both and have a very hard think.

5. cott says:

My eyes are instantly drawn to, and disgusted by, that flabby beer gut – I don’t know what she sees in him!

My back aches just looking at this.

I agree Snuff, it us intriguing. A top Worst, deserving of more attention.

7. Crgwllms says:

I think that IS a giant cucumber on the table behind her, almost as long as the hockey stick.
    She’s probably glad she has no eyes!