Weekend Worstoff 101

The only highlight of the week at REIWA (apart from the storm pulverising Subi) was this seen nearby. Jen sends virgin worst suburb Quinns Rocks. Jen Sez… I was waiting in the car at Quinns Rocks shopping village when I saw there was a black hearse with bonscott.com.au bumper stickers on it with the number plate “RIP BON” parked outside IGA. It’s nice to know they power their tribute-mobile with gas.

Two bus related pics, because I know there are so many bus stop freaks out there. Mez noted that Camry seems to have been mispelled at the first attempt, and Brian finds a bus stuck because the driver didn’t know they’re not to easy to perform a three point turn in. And this one was a little odd. Eric sent this in with the title Snazzy Nedlands. I’m not sure what you meant Eric. Do you mean that Nedlands shouldn’t have rusty light fittings, or was there a more subtle worst I’m missing?

This entry was posted in weekend worstoff, worst sign and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Weekend Worstoff 101

1. This from the Bon website has al the promisins of a top class worst.

“Fremantle Tram Tours, has researched the Scottish-born lead singer’s somewhat wild teenage years spent in WA’s port city to develop an entertaining tour that takes in Bon’s childhood home, schools he attended, his brief brush with the law in Fremantle Prison, a commemorative statue and his grave at the Fremantle Cemetery.”

That record isn’t from the Onga Pump Shop – what gives?

3. Natalia Fan #1 says:

Fond memories of J&B and K-Tel records. I still have several both from my parents’ record collection and from op-shops, though this is the worst cover I have seen. Why is the woman backwards on the (penis) surfboard? What is she cocking her thumb at? The ocean, or at her apparent readiness?

That type of streetlight is quite stylish in its own small sad way.

4. Rip says:

Spotted that hearse myself at his home – an on-site van in the Ledge Point Caravan Park – only a few weeks ago. Just thought I’d share that… :-)

5. Pfortner says:

Fucking Transperth

6. WAtching says:

I think Eric is talking about the fact that Nedlands should have halogen down lights recessed tastefully into the light pole.

Pick up your act Nedlands

TLA: Did you get my worsts in the last couple of days?

7. vegan says:

i think that eric is suggesting, and obviously quite rightly, that the light fitting is both old and rusty, and should obviously be in thornlie, being peed on by alsations.

Or is it a suggestion that Nedlands should have underground power by now?

9. poor lisa says:

What no Leo Sayer?

10. Mez says:

but the [C]AMRY gag is funny too… ?

oh the shame of unrequited blog

11. Batty says:

The hearse belongs to Doug Thorncroft, head of the Bon Scott Fan Club, the man is a legend.

12. Neneh says:

I have that record…got it from an op shop thinking it would be okay considering the tracklisting, not reading the small print that said they were all (terrible) covers of the original songs. I have honestly never felt so sick listening to a record, it was just awful.