Ai Ya! Bearded Bassist Gets The Nod

Am I missing something here? Why would a bearded Asian make me want to buy chockkies? I first thought they might be saying that Asians, especially Asians with glasses are smart and that therefore you would be smart to buy them.  But that stereotype clashes with another, because it also says he is  called Alan who is a bass player and bass players are known to be as dumb as a bagful of flange. I don’t like having my stereotypes mashed up thanks Coles. A simple set of norks on a pack are all the manipulation that I think is apropriate. Ai Ya!

nougat

This entry was posted in worst advertising and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Ai Ya! Bearded Bassist Gets The Nod

“By some distance, the most bitter musician I have ever encountered” looks different in the glasses, TLA, although less so here, where he was indeed replaced by another dummy. 12 treat size bars ? At least the got the colour right.

2. jallenha says:

that chappie on the packaging looks like he knows secrets about flange with that strange little grin….. kind of freaky actually.

3. Pingback: Dude! Not Cool! « The Worst of Perth

4. Ljuke says:

As a bassist, I take offence! We are famous for our ability to grow strange facial hair and raise one eyebrow. Youse would be fucked without us. Don’t know about his glasses, though.

5. Dick says:

Not the same goateed bloke that Metallica recruited a few years back?

6. xald says:

You know, the look on his face, the one raised eyebrow and the hair makes me think that they were going for the Asian dude being nutty, similar to the product… Which doesn’t work either.

7. Pingback: Weekend Worstoff 67 « The Worst of Perth

8. someJerk says:

why is the guy from Linkin Park selling generic snickers candy now?