Fright of the Phoenix

“Let me tell you a story. A rabbi and a priest attend a boxing match. They watch as the boxers come into the ring. The rabbi sees one of the boxers cross himself. So the rabbi turns to the priest and asks, “What does that mean?” The priest says, “Not a damn thing if the man can’t fight.” Flight of the Phoenix crap 2004 remake.

Chris saw this sad sight at the Phoenix Shopping Centre in Spearwood. Kwinana Hub not good enough for you eh motherfucker? I had to shoot wedding videos at that location many years ago.  Unlike the phoenix, the crikey man won’t rise again, but kiddies can still feel the love of a crocodile hunter breathing down their necks  for a little longer if they have a two dollar coin.

crikey

This entry was posted in worst objects, worst toy and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Fright of the Phoenix

In a field rich with contenders,TLA, I think the one on the right is generally regarded as the worst worst.

2. Ljuke says:

So, if I think something is worst, do I vote it down (wow, that’s crap) or up (wow, that’s awesomely crap)?

And a personalised licence plate, to boot. I would’ve liked to see some fake palmery in the background, but one can’t always have one’s druthers.

Nice placement for the booze advertising. Don’t drink and drive kiddies – it’s nearly as deadly as stingray wrangling.

Lastly – may I be the first to say Happy Birthday to Shazza.

did you see what won Triple J’s altime Hot 100?

It wasn’t this:

aargh, wrong one

6. Dick says:

Um.

Steve’s “O face”?

7. xald says:

It’s the little things that make this so terrible. The Toyota logo on the front, for example; Did Toyota sponsor this monstrosity, or was the designer overzealous or were they even hoping some Toyota executive would see this and pay them big for the advertising? The stalk-eye crocodile? The fact that, at first glance, Steve appears to be startled by something in front of him, but after looking at it for a while he appears to be startled by the fact that he’s in the back of the ute with a crocodile.

8. Is that CRIKEY! written on the back tray? Using the same font and colours a la the Jeeps from Jurassic Park?

/As a huge fan of Harry Butler when I was a kiddy [I even asked Santa for his books] I get dismayed when I hear that Steve *apparently* had to yob it up to “get children involved in conservation.” Is that a steaming lode or was I just an abnormal kid? ;)

//Now I’m chuckling to myself, thinking of Harry Butler yobbing it up for the cameras, chasin’ some poor goanna around the Simpson Desert.

///Why has there been so little discussion on why a normally docile string ray decided to attack Our Steve?

////Slashies!

9. perthphotogirl says:

There’s one in Maddington too.

10. Pingback: LOLburn | The Worst of Perth