Beware of Snake. More Vanishing

The famous Lord Street property featured in October 2007 has had its beware of snake signs removed and is now up for tender through a developer. (thanks Bento Jesse and others) I seem to be reporting so many vanished worsts lately. This one is pretty sad. You have still got time to tender and put the signs back up. I don’t suppose there are any of the signs lying around?

kingdick2

This entry was posted in vanished worst, worst house, worst sign and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Beware of Snake. More Vanishing

1. Grrr says:

This is a real pity. Those signs have been there since…. well, at least the mid 1990s.

What is the Heritage Council doing?

2. Johnny Nonation says:

DEVELOPERS: Sign of the, umh, times.
    This house was always the perfect setting for the next series of Texas Chainsaw Massacre film/s. Dullsville Chainsaw Massacre anyone?

3. Kwality says:

I have a strong suspicion that Fred was the “artist” that used to adorn the orange-pole bus stop on Lord st near his house. Sometimes a single sock. Sometimes a hat. Sometimes a goon cask. Sometimes a dress. As soon as one article was removed another would arrive. This went on for years, and gave my friends and I something to talk about.

All that stopped when The Powers That Be replaced the simple pole with a more complex construction. Not long after Fred’s signs started appearing. Coincidence? I think not.

4. Stu says:

With much sadness I noticed these signs had vanished a few weeks back. Thankfully I recorded some of them for historical purposes a while ago

beware the king

5. Johnny Nonation says:

A WORTHY T-SHIRT PRINT: “All that is mediocre – prospers in Dullsville”

6. Dex says:

Around the corner was a house with the words
    “PRIVAT KEP OUT” painted on the step.

I used to stand on it every time I walked past for shits & giggles.

Not long after the guy who owned the house was shot for stabbing a policeman.

Nervous giggles, a bex and a lie down.

7. jackson says:

Thank you TWOP! I had a nostalgic moment for those signs this morning wishing I’d done more than take some shitty phone snaps till I realised, Of course! someone would have TWOP’d them. Great work Stu.

8. corinna says:

I cant believe people would enjoy the fact that this man has openly told you all to F off
    you miss it. Yet council has demolished the Dueschens home because the neighbours considered their home a nuisance, with overgrown trees, with too many birds that kaka all over their roof. They are now destitute and are homeless. Oh an the fact they live in a caravan and have been charged each over $123,000 and yet after the fires in Kelmscott area a single mother has been donated a caravan to live in. Wonder when the council will charge them for living in a caravan?

• Damn those intolerant neighbours. I cant believe people would enjoy the fact that the neighbours has openly told those two to F off
      you miss it. They appear to have brough the whole thing on themselves, yet the council is insisting on them having a toilet and no animal corpses. Nanny state.

Thats a lot of signs.

10. yvette says:

the guy that lived there used to get on the bus caught home frome work. I remember him dressed in a long blackish brown jacket, that in its hay day would have dressed a very wealthy man. He also wore on occassions a orange and purple soft toy like top hate, ( Something possibly from the royal show). He never spoke nor made eye contact with anybody, but he looked content in his own world…. Until they started the removal of his signs, he started becoming aggitated when i saw him on the bus and he constantly appeared stressed, one day I offered my seat to him and he looked at me with genuinly surprised eyes and thanked me. I never saw him after that and not long after all the signs were down. It seems such an injust that because a few people that dont like to hear other peoples oppinions, and for the “presentation” of perth that this persons ( I guess treasures) were taken away, he never caused any harm to anybody and as far as I know lead a very quiet existence.
    So much for freddom of speech and respecting our elders and all that stuff, its quiet disturbing to hear that he was eventually on the streets. shame on the heritage council and all involved.

• Rolly says:

Far too correct and sympathetic for these pages, Dear yvette.
      You could find bento questioning your motives, or The Legend 101 telling you to go away and get lost. In capital letters, of course. Shouting.