St David’s Deviation

Two good signs from Beaufort Street arrondissement.  I’ve always wondered why that picture is used to promote the hairdresser. Looks like something Alexander the Great might put a sword through. And St David, his deviation was Altar boys wasn’t it? Or am I thinking of St james’ perversities?

davids

hair

This entry was posted in worst advertising, worst sign and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to St David’s Deviation

You may have been right the first time, TLA, depending on your interpretation of “Gwnewch y pethau bychain mewn bywyd”.

Alternatively, if vegetarianism and teetotalitarianism aren’t deviant enough for you, there’s always this.

2. Rolly says:

At least they’ve done the signs in the correct colours:
    Black and gold for Dewi Sant and purple to reflect the colour of choice by their ‘senior’ patrons. (I doubt that a younger set [pardon the pun] would be attracted to an image like that.)

All those who say correct apostrophe use is not important, please make a note.

4. Vic Demised says:

Bento -the apostrophe is perfectly appropriate. This sign has intrigued me for years, so I took the time one day to follow its direction. It led to “St David’s Retirement Home.” Though it is right next to Perth College girls’ school, so perhaps St David was into schoolgirls?

Vic – unintentionally appropriate, but appropriate none-the-less.

6. forkboy says:

Snuff @ 1 – ‘Do the little things in life’ …………..or ‘this could get messy’

7. Grrr says:

Yesterday, when I looked at this sign I couldn’t understand it.

It has just struck me – it’s a Transperth sign directing buses off tehir normal route.

Not nearly as exciting.

8. path transit says:

you want deviation? hop on a bus to city beach. before you know it you’ll be dizzy from looping around floreat forum and the city beach car park.