Weekend Worstoff 24

Well it’s Grand Final day, and what great value from Clancy’s pub. A pie AND a pint for only $20. Incredibly nice of them to only double the price. From Turf.

Add a sausage roll for only $60

Add a sausage roll for only $60

And a sculpture of…well it’s a willie isn’t it. From Teh ‘Rage David Cohen.

Cast from Eros Ramazzotti's

Cast from Eros Ramazzotti

And a nice outside worst from Hokusan .(Perth’s worst anal). He just caught the sun nicely highlighting the crack of this sculpture of a crack in Caulfield Melbourne.

Sun on the stubble

Sun on the stubble

And we had the cheetah car, and revelations of it’s South Australian origins this week. Cookster found another big cat. They may be mateable.

This entry was posted in worst advertising, worst car, worst public art, worst sculpture and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Weekend Worstoff 24

One of the advantages of using chalk to write up your promotions, surely, is that you can wipe it off and start again if, for example, you don’t leave enough space for the “‘s” at the end of “Clancy’s”.

It was the second line, for god’s sake! It’s not like they got to the end and thought ‘ah, fuck it’.

Let me guess, TLA … dinner & a pint of Carlton Draught for $20, and what’s a Fish Pub, anyway ?

DC’s sculpture reminds me of how an unsuccessful subincision probably turns out. When I lived in Fitzroy Crossing we would occasionally have hippies with a messiah complex bowl into town looking to rescue the locals from their “plight”, and they always made for great sport. There was one couple who would boast to anyone who’d listen of the “skin names” they’d been given, which nobody had the heart to mention translated as “Little stick” and “Big hole”.

Another one was actually fairly fondly tolerated, as he had arrived with a cute dingo pup, and until after his botched subincision, was therefore known as Dingo Boy. He was always onto the men to take him along for their Law ceremonies, and they’d usually “ceremonially” tie him to a tree and leave him there for a couple of days so they could go about their business. After much insistence on his part, he was eventually subincised, and from all reports it didn’t go at all well. He spent the next few months getting around in a sarong constantly holding his mutilated willy, and thereafter was referred to as Dingo Dick, or simply, D squared.

Cookster’s Tiger is seriously worst, not least because they even felt the need to name the stupid thing. As for mating a Nissan with a Honda … you’d have about as much success as trying to hook up a Holden with a Ford.

3. “As for mating a Nissan with a Honda … you’d have about as much success as trying to hook up a Holden with a Ford.”

It’s a matter of how drunk they get.

4. Vic Demised says:

‘It’s a willy isn’t it?”

Hmmm. I’d say some kind of hermaphrodite conglomerate. The quasi-testicles have a female arse aspect, and the twin glans’ are breastlike.

Don’t buck kangaroos have two penises? I recall a recent post saying the does have seven vaginas. The maths doesn’t quite gel for me.

Youse are so rude.

When I papped the sculpture I was thinking it was merely embellished musical notation.

6. Cookster says:

Excuse my absence for the past two days – I’ve been busy pulling the BASTARD weeds out of my three BASTARD lawns… every fucking weed known to mankind must be sprouting under my house… it’s like a fucking weed portal to weed hell.

Okay, I’m done.

Hokusan, is that sculpture not in the Gasworks Park in Albert Park???

7. Frank Calabrese says:

Since there is no Weekend Worstoff 25 yet, here is a piece of classic Perth TV Worstness featuring “Baby” John Burgess introducing popular Perth duo of the early 80’s Scott & Williams on some Ch 9 Variety show performing ABC’s The Look of Love.

BTW, this clip was uploaded by Peter Williams himself, who was formerly a member of The Mixtures.

8. Frank Calabrese says:

Here is another clip their version of True. Both songs taken from the Final of Miss Summergirl Quest, I think from 1982 judging from the 2 songs featured.

9. poor lisa says:

I looked, and I’m about to turn into a pillar of salt….

I did learn something from the commentary though. Those drums are called a ‘Simmons kit’. (and Rick is apparently the master of it).

Thanks, Frank. I think.