Weekend Worstoff 19. Vehicular

Some vehicular offerings I’ve had stored for a while. (And I have many more.) This one from a less international Bento.
That is the question

That is the question.

This is one I’ve had for months from Skylantern. I do get there eventually. That’s a nice one.

Double loser

Double loser

Why would you put this on your car? Should we be impressed it’s not 5 speed? Or is it saying that he can’t drive a manual?

Congratulations

Congratulations

Look. I’ve told you. That’s my spot.

Don't park here

Don't park here!

I know there are some who will remember Barry barkla and Hans Merks presenting movies. (Perhaps Frank has some video links). This is what Hans’ office in the Beaufort Street car yard is like now. How the lowly have fallen.

Have a worst weekend everyone. Drive safely.

This entry was posted in weekend worstoff, worst car and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Weekend Worstoff 19. Vehicular

haiku #227:

Vaughn died yesterday
    In a car like one of these
    Ballad of a crash.

2. Grrr says:

Gosh, I dimly remember Hans Merks’ adverts.

He used black and yellow as his branding colours from memory, and could usually be seen in the late hours being a benign provider of automation to young mums from Struggle Street.

3. Frank Calabrese says:

Had a look on Youtube, found nothing for either Mr Merks or Mr Barkla :-(

Though I found this bit on Dave Warner’s tribute to Johnny Leopard.

Very sorry to hear this tragic news — Australian Rock just can’t take a trick as Johnny’s name gets added to the long list of those who left too early! I’ve had some e-mails this morning and a lot are doing the rounds after The West article. Everyone has a gig or a memory to share. For me, apart from the gigs it’s his Hans Merks impersonation at the Chelsea or him holding up the target for the handball comp at the Shents during your footy preview shows 20 years ago — while Baby Doll performed next door!! I’ll buy the DVD and explain to my kids, who I’ve corrupted with all my tastes in R’n’R , as we watch it, that they are watching a legend who wrote played and lived Australian rock and culture!!
    Very very sorry, Dave
    Marcus Ahern

4. Mazarina says:

love that first pic Bento!

5. La Plaza Bentley says:

What happened to Hans Merks?

6. Sabanakle says:

He is working for John Hughes as of 6 months ago.