Top Hole

I’m fixing a hole where the rain gets in
And stops my mind from wandering
Where it will go – Beatles

With the quality of worsts coming in at the moment, I could easily hang up my camera for a couple of weeks, but before I add any more submissions, I thought I’d better keep my hand in. This is from The YMCA in East Perth. I don’t want to have to ask this question, but shouldn’t the lower hole on the kangaroo be a lot smaller? I mean, I’m not a small man, but even on a warm day, I’d be struggling to do justice to that opening. Makes your eyes water just thinking about it.

YMCA Goderich Street East perth

YMCA Goderich Street East Perth

This entry was posted in worst advertising, worst sign and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Top Hole

No man does it all by himself.
    I said, young man, put your pride on the shelf,
    And just go there, to the YMCA.
    I’m sure they can help you today.

2. Groucho says:

Brings to mind the old question “how do you hold your licka?”

“My” said little red riding hood, “what big ears you have, but what happened to the rest of your face grandma?”

3. Cookster says:

Watch out for that hungry kookaburra – he’s after another tasty grub. Those frilled neck lizards have got a nasty bite on them as well.

4. Rolly says:

Marsupial anatomy not your strong point LA?
    Beware of falsified identity cards etc. The powers-that-be are getting a bit severe on under-age everything these days.

5. poor lisa says:

This says ‘Merv Britten’ to me.

6. Groucho says:

I think the photo is really clever….I actually did not know the mother kangaroo’s face in missing because the shading of the background (through the hole) looks like eyes and nose. This is trick photography at its best. At least you know the joey’s been culled by the gaping shotgun hole in its head.

Thank you, poor lisa. Finally, the carrots make sense, I think.

8. CK says:

I’m not sure about the holes but, bloody hell, that koala is pure evil.

9. Warnin : webufication may follow :
    The kooka and the koala are not natives of W.A.
    The black cockatoo would be a suitable replacement for the kooka ( excellent animal tho they are).

10. Groucho says:

It would take a black cockortwo to fill the holes

11. Cookster says:

Top marx Groucho

12. My Xy says:

I think I know where the Galah was!
    Holding the brush and then wirking the hole saw!

13. forkboy says:

Ozzie Ostrich LIVES!

14. Johnny Nonation says:

Just don’t keep your heads in there too long – you’ll be shot by a gun-toting aussie farmer worried about his livestock, water rations and hot tub.

15. forkboy says:

Us farmers only kill what we can eat Johnny…………..come near my property and you better have your track shoes on and be able to sprint faster the 980 meters/per second………….

16. Oh the lower hole is for another FACE. Sorry, I totally misinterpreted it. As you were.

17. forkboy says:

If you could fill that one LA I will get you a new career!

18. Groucho says:

No you put your head through the hole….technically you were correct

Let’s see if I can’t raise the tone in here with a bit of the Bard.

“My cherry lips have often kiss’d thy stones… I kiss the wall’s hole, not your lips at all.”

A Midsummer Night’s Dream

Hmmm … didn’t think so.

20. Groucho says:

The emu’s going green with eny.

“Nestle your feathers” she said, ” against my sweet skin, baby, I’m no swan”

“Emu-culate dust of sandstone pink, u legged fluttered by not flu”

21. David Di says:

TLA, can it be seen easily from the road in Goderich Street?
    We went past there on a walk last Sunday and I just didn’t see it. Had we, my daughter and I would have stopped to have our pics. taken…..no really………..

22. Yes, right next to two derros smoking. It’s almost on the footpath in front of Jewell House, the Y’s accommodation. Next to dental hospital.

23. Frank Calabrese says:

[Next to dental hospital.]

You do mean EX Dental Hospital, as it is now part of the RPH Outpatients Dept.

Hi David Di, and don’t you dare, especially not with your daughter around ! You’re one of the few men I know of who could actually … oh, never mind …

25. David Di says:

Hi Snuff,
    No problem.
    I’ll make sure she’s not around if I ever even consider trying…………:-). That idea didn’t even cross my mind.

26. Groucho says:

The picture in question (or is it?) is actually a failed Mandorla Prize entry that is being resubmitted for this year’s Blake Prize for Religious Art. Last year the Blake Prize was awarded to an Indigenous artist Shirley Purdie and if Shirley can do it Surely another member of the Indigenous Non Dot Drawers Artist Association could do the same…plus the artist watched Four Corners “Art for Art’s Sake” on Monday and figured it out.

This piece represents the second coming of the Holiest of Holiest Kangaroos which descended in to the garden of Eden Hill, or thereabouts, accompanied by his mates, the Holy Trinity. The Son is portrayed by the Emu and the Holy Ghost (HG), a West Australian wombat disguised as a Koala sitting in the Ghost Gum (clever hey?). In the tree with HG is Adam represented as a Kookaburra who is still struggling with his addiction for snakes and other wiggly things and below is Eve as the shameless Frill Neck who is still eager to show off her assets.

The piece is called “Return to Eden Hill”

The next time you will see this piece of art will be in Rod Menzies auction house.

27. Pingback: Back Door Babe « The Worst of Perth