The left wing of the day of judgement

“There she blows! – there she blows! A hump like a snow-hill! It is Moby Dick!”

That was the first quote I thought of from Melville’s Moby Dick to illustrate the toilet of The Cheynes IV whaling ship on display at Whale World Albany, but I came upon a better, though less well known one.

“It smells like the left wing of the day of judgment!”
(Herman Melville, Moby Dick)

Quite surprising to see the toilet (or head) on display. I assumed it would not be in use, but why then the rubbish bin in the corner? I have been looking for another in this category. The toilet at the Swan Inn and the cactus planter were looking a little lonely.

This entry was posted in worst of perth, worst toilet and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to The left wing of the day of judgement

1. poor lisa says:

If I’m not mistaken there’s a kind of David Cronenberg effect happening on those tiles, tantalisingly just out of sight behind the bog.

2. Mez says:

I’m also concerned about the urine stain which appears to be coming from the ceiling

“Cry ‘Havoc’, and let slip the dogs of war, that this foul deed shall smell above the earth with carrion men, groaning for burial”…W.Shakespeare, Julius Caesar

4. cimbali says:

#1 Linoleum methinks P. Lisa.
    #3 They have certainly let something slip – and it may well have been the dogs

5. CK says:

It wouldn’t surprise me if Troyboy had sniffed that seat.

6. Bedfords Crackpot Fraternity! says:

…yep this sets up a Toilet Triptych from the look of it! You can close your eyes and taste that salty rusting air and a hint of decaying whale. I notice theres no copy of the Sunday Times on the floor to wipe your arse with!!

7. anna says:

this reminds me of that scene in trainspotting- “the worst toilet in scotland”.

8. Kingbilt says:

#2 If I recall correctly, the gents is on the floor above.