The Mumbai of The Beast

Another from Andrea who has been waiting so patiently for her pics to go up. She was not sure if her shots of the Iron Maiden Plane at Perth Airport were appropriate for TWOP. C’mon, look at the piles of yellow sand! What could be more The Worst of Perth? Run to The Hills baby. From a blowup, the tour destinations say Mumbai followed by Perth, and ending the first column with Mexico City. I’d like to have that tour schedule. Nice. Thanks Andrea. Another one for the worst transport category. Just to clarify, I am putting a TWOP website graphic on all pics to discourage data stealers, but of course with submissions, all rights remain with the original photographer.

This entry was posted in worst graphic design, worst transport and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to The Mumbai of The Beast

Ahh, back when Iron Maiden tours made enough money to finance a private jet.

I suspect there must be an Iron Maiden purple Gemini ferrying them from gig to gig, these days.

Wait – that says World Tour 08! WTF??

Clearly, Bruce Dickinson must have invested in real estate in the 80s.

3. Nettie says:

There’s something to be said about the yellow sand of Perth.
    The bundies (no idea how you spell it but I hope you get the dfrift) it makes hurt far less than those crafted out of the red sand of the Pilbara.

Actually, that’s about all you can say about the yellow sand of Perth…

4. adam1975 says:

I’m somewhat saddened to see they haven’t modified it to have a Tailgunner. That would’ve rocked my socks even more.

5. The Intellectual Bogan says:

Don’t really see what’s Worst about this.

I went to see them and they were feckin’ great. At least as good as in their heyday.

Fair enough that the artwork’s a bit adolescent but it’s really well done and distinctive.

What do you expect from an ’80s rock band?

I vote Not Worst.

6. I like the plane and the band. I think they were a cut above others in the genre. I have to agree with Adam though. A tail gunner, or at least a ball turret gunner would have been a nice touch.

What’s that under the cockpit window? “Ed Force One”??

8. SkyLantern says:

They should have rebadged the plane as a Boeing 666! I heard that singer Bruce Dickinson actually pilots it. Apparently he’s been the front man since 1981, when Margaret Thatcher left the band to concentrate on her political career.

9. The Intellectual Bogan says:

Nah, Mrs T was never their singer. She was the original Eddie but her stage presence was so threatening that a large proportion of the audience would spontaneously crap themselves when she made an appearance. The band was heavily criticised for moving towards a softer image when they adopted a heavily muscled, bad tempered cyborg skeleton as their mascot instead.

(S’true. Check out the artwork on the albums Iron Maiden and Killers. Mrs T to a T).

10. SkyLantern says:

Hehey, you’re right Intell, thanks for the correction. Here’s a link to the cover of Killers:

A young Perth metal band could do something similar and adopt Allanah McTiernan as mascot. Now that would be terrifying.

11. BC Planning says:

Wow, I would so not get on that plane.

12. Xab says:

OK, there’s something in that….

13. Pingback: Weekend Worstoff 133 | The Worst of Perth