Outrage Sunday 282 work work work

“It’s very angry.” This was the summary of a book found in Cottesloe this week – Greg Hoey’s Work! Work!! Work!!!: This Semi-Fascist’s Paradise. I was delighted to add a part of Mr Hoey’s oeuvre to my shelves. WWW is an older Hoey: it says it was published in 2011. “He has three other books on Amazon one called -‘Hideous‘. The other called- ‘Awake I’. Another of which is a book of essays entitled ‘Perth & The Big Sleep’.” WWW is both “A short novella based in and around the rather disrupted working life of one Cal.Tennyson. Laced with many diverse stories both amusing and dramatic related to Cal’s life as a member of the working class”, and perhaps autobiography. After stints as a fish processor, a taxi driver, and a graphic designer, the hero is last seen selling art on Cottesloe’s streets. Electronic versions seem to have forewords from Bruce Springsteen and be narrated by Angela Lansbury. 50891061956__a3ffa5ec-61c2-44ca-b84e-c640c1336c5c
At least Greg is publishing. Me? I’m just sitting on a train.

This entry was posted in Uncategorisable Worsts, worst book, worst transport and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Outrage Sunday 282 work work work

1. Shreiking Wombat Ninja says:

Hoey! Welcome back! Good find.

2. Shazza says:

No does angry like Hoey.

3. Slanderer says:

I put on the 3D glasses, so I could review the item in depth. Mr Hoey’s opus looks a lot better in perspective. Etc., and so forth.
    That’s okay, I’ll see myself out.

I saw some Daglishers last week. It kind of is the Ashfield of the west.

• rottobloggo says:

Krazy Kym and I were discussing this. Is Ashfield the Daglish of the east? You know, just that little bit too far away from Guildford/Cottesloe?

what is a Semi-Fascist? Is the salute still a bit limp? Can they not quite get it up?

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )