The Special

I keep hearing this place is good. Love the sign. Might go not worst. I do like the sound of the special too. What’s the daily double? I’m waiting of the year of the dog. By Paul M. Bassendean.

20140401-202107.jpg

This entry was posted in not worst, worst sign and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to The Special

for Troy Buswell, it’s the Year of the Horse’s Ass

2. GivDBird says:

Going French? yum

spectacular hypocrisy by The West today, even by their standards.

Lord knows how much advertising money they have taken from Clive Palmer, but there were five pages of his ads in the paper today, in an issue where the front page to calls him an April Fool, and there are two features complaining about the amount Palmer is spending on advertising.
    Nurry’s column also bleats about Palmer’s ad spend, and is placed directly opposite one of his yellow banners.

not that I have any sympathy for the bilious oaf. I’ll be glad when the election is over and I don’t have to listen to him wheezing during every TV ad break. I’ve had to start streaming TV just to avoid him

4. petef says:

Is it true that the former minister is being charged with driving in the manner of a Malaysian airline pilot?

• skink says:

the Malaysian pilot made a sharp and unexpected turn to the left, and nobody in the Barnett government would ever do that. They keep to the right, even if there are cars coming in the opposite direction.

5. RubyRuby says:

OT – is anyone else noticing more people begging in the streets of Perth CBD? Is this what happens when FIFO jobs are cut? Or is it a seasonal thing?

• vegan says:

it has been happening for a while. very obvious to me.

• And we had the extra fake beggars (charity bosses) in the mix for a while too. Btw has anyone ever bought a Big a Issue? I assumed it would be a little like Grok.

• vegan says:

occasionally.

there are usually a few articles worth reading, they seem to attract some reasonably well known columnists and writers.

• NF#1 says:

Begging has definitely become more noticeable and increasingly aggressive over the past several months, though the aggression seems limited to a fairly small, recognisable clique. I’ve seen some bloody fights ensue at or near the train station concourse in that time. Alas I am not a betting man, nor would I be surprised to see laws aimed at curbing aggressive panhandling introduced before too long. I’ve never bought it myself, but there are many worse instances of mass media than Big Issue. Vendors are of course not beggars: I assume you were being facetitious here.

• Dame Shazza says:

Big Issue is an awesome initiative. I don’t buy it as often as I should but it’s usually a decent read when I do. Based on the ‘hand up not a hand out’ philosophy. Forget the begging racket and give your coins to the Big Issue guys.

I highly recommend it with soy sauce, ginger and spring onions. Is Vince involved ?