Craic my backside

Rob F sent in possibly one of the best ever worsts, which I probably can’t use, but he followed through with this monstrosity from Wangara. Irish dance academy? In a fuck off roller doored tilt-up in Wangara? With poxy Celtic font? Marvellous! One of my most hated types is that awful Celtic/Gaelic rubbish. As bad as Chinese restaurant font. Maybe they should have used that.

This entry was posted in Uncatetorisable worsts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

68 Responses to Craic my backside

1. Rolly says:

Not many of the literate Irish people that I know/knew, especially those with any knowledge of history, approve of this “Celticisation”.
    Just another touristy, faux cultural, invention.
    I’ve no complaints about the tilt up concrete, though: It gives a much better surface for ‘after-market’ artistry than endless acres of face brick.

2. shazza says:

I don’t understand. Where’s the penis graff on the side of this building? If not for the registered lawn and endless blue sky it would be most unPerth.

3. Rebalehan says:

I’m not seeing cocos one either

4. capwatch says:

This is the Australia Day line up for the concert at Parliament House:
    • INXS.
    • The Potbelleez
    • Sneaky Sound System
    • Spiderbait
    • Katie Noonan and;
    • The Captains

Nothing a hire car packed with Semtex couldn’t fix.

6. One of my better Asia Beats I think.
    Someone has already thought it was real. For some reason.

7. JaneZ says:

Is there a technical name for the architectural feature above the door that provides neither shade nor protection from the rain?

8. Russell Woolfe's Lovechild says:

It’s actually a clan lab. The sign is there to make sure no-one ever comes near the place.

9. BrownBook says:

Who are they kidding with the portico thingys?

10. Pete says:

Not sure what would be worse in a tilt up shed, an Irish Dance Academy or the more usual suburban swingers club. Or is this a different Northern suburbs we’re talking about.

Wouldn’t just one welcome would be enough ? And what’s that symbol above it ? An Irish Wagyl ?

12. Pingback: Collider | The Worst of Perth

Rolly reminds me of one of a hotel room service person for some reason.

14. langhorne says:

I love font snobbery (I wish I could have typed that Helvetica).

Are you a new user Langhorne?

16. dancer123 says:

Um that’s my dance school and its actually lovely inside, one of the best dance studios in Perth. I’d stop being so judgement if you have no idea what you’re talking about. :)

17. dancer123 says:

My point was these nasty comments are unnecessary and pathetic. An Irish dance school that chose a celtic font, wow we are outrageous. Now run along and go criticise something else.

Liked by 1 person

18. Fiona says:

I’m from WA academy of Irish dancing so stop!

19. The atheist says:

I like ponies.

20. you'll get wet says:

Of all the Irish martial arts traditional slab hurling is the most obscure. Slab Murphy used to be champ but I havent followed developments for a while. He got his name by winging some winging poms.