Ahh when you said ride me…

… A lovely first submission worst by Lani from Melbourne. Preston Council building was it Lani? Very Curtin like architecture. Forgive Lani for the rookie’s mistake of not taking a closeup of the business end. Would have been nice to see if the butttocks were clenched, or if anyone had “ad libbed” a new back door with a stick. That’s the secret to sculpture worsts Lani. Get the rude bits first, then get the wideshot. In any case a superb worst.

This entry was posted in worst art, worst public art, worst sculpture and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Ahh when you said ride me…

1. RubyRuby says:

Ah… de-Preston. Reason #547 to move to Perth. Deep feelings and dark memories stir and move me to comment. Those happy Thursday mornings lining up at Centrelink with the rest of the best of the Northern suburbs. Each and every one of them forever overcast and drizzling in fond memory.

2. Bill O'Slatter says:

Jeebus says Neddy it’s Janus , the horse loving god.

3. MalcolmX says:

Looks like it was done by the Smiths :)

4. Natalia Fan #1 says:

What is the man feeding to the horse? Somehow this comes to mind.

• hovean says:

Probably oats – well known for making horses compliant. Too high a yeast content though will cause cyclonic flatulence, making the above idealized scene less so.

• Lani says:

That bowl is supposed to be a fountain (according to the plaque). Never seen it on in last 3 years though. Weird stuff. Maybe some symbolism I’m not getting, but not sure I want to know.

You sure that’s not in Kentucky ?

6. Lani says:

It’s at Preston Library. Yep, I guess they must have made the building in the same era as Curtain, and half of Canberra. Makes me nauseous.

I thought I sent the bum picture. Probably doesn’ t add much to appreciation of this – the whole sculpture is pretty disturbing.