Half arsed topiary…

…or freak of nature? By Helen. As much as I’d like to think that residents of Mt Lawley would take it upon themselve to tope a giant duck, (or plucked turkey), I somehow doubt it. If only they would! A bit too much like hard work for Arrondissement dwellers I reckon. Maybe on Las Ramblas I could believe it. Excellent worst though Helen. Frightening.

This entry was posted in worst art, worst public art, worst sculpture and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Half arsed topiary…

1. David cohen says:

A peeking duck
    makes the bourgeouise green with envy.
    Long march to summer.

2. Jaidyn-Jaxxon says:

It’s actually in a stance of aggression – back me up here – you can see the right foreleg jutting into the sunlight in a waddling squat, and the wings are held back from the shoulder, the neck craned forward and curled on itself – a classic territorial advance. I wouldn’t want to sleep there..

3. orbea says:

Jeff Koons channelling Dick Emery – “oooo ducky”

I have friends here who would happily bomb your arses again for that, TLA. Magnificent.

I like the balconies.

No duck’s arse perspective?

6. don smith says:

I have a large morton bay in my back yard. Perhaps I should ask what they might like to make of it?

7. Bonnie says:

I could be mistaken, but that looks rather like a native frangipani (Hymenosporum flavum), and that would be a fairly normal growth pattern. A little unusual, but not wildly so.

8. JaneZ says:

It looks eerily like the new sculpture they’re putting up down at the cathedral. Coincidence? Miracle? You decide.

There is some endearingly half assed topiary just round the corner from Las Ramblas, you’ll be happy to learn. On a much smaller scale.

9. Pingback: Toped again | The Worst of Perth