This pole as been treated…

With all the controversy over Western Power’s old wooden poles, and whether they have fallen and caused fires, it’s good to know that this pole in Forrestfield at least has been treated against termites. Well I should hope so. Seen by Shaun.

This entry was posted in worst of perth and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to This pole as been treated…

1. Frank Calabrese says:

We had a pole like that outside our place – Western Power wouldn’t replace it – problem was solved by a “Merry” fellow coming from a wedding ceremony swerving across the road and knocking the pole down – unfortunately he also knocked a real big hole in the dence.

The pole was replaced that night.

• Bag O'Turnips says:

I too have pole in a similarly whiteanted condition on the corner I live on.

Last weekend, a crew from Western Power had come not to replace this power pole that now resembles a vertical seven-metre Flake bar, but just the timber horizontal beam where the ceramic insulators that suspend the wires, for that had indeed split lengthwise in two, thus necessitating a midnight visit.

Mind you, where I live, the road kinks out of a dogleg and on the other side of the street, a pole has already succumbed to fate like Frank’s did (some young jerk in a riced-up Mitsubishi Lancer whose mods didn’t extend to brakes, suspension or steering). So there’s hope yet; so long as the car doesn’t get too far into the front yard nor the live wires come crashing onto the roof of me or my neighbours’ homes, for that’s about the only time that they do get replaced.

Underground power around my neck of the woods can’t come soon enough when it finally gets rolled out; might add some much-needed vibrancy and ooshta to my end of Morley!

I’d hate to see what the ‘A’ treatment does.

3. WAtching says:

Yes, but has it had the ‘Bobbi’ treatment?

Look like it would fall over with the slightest ‘shove.’

4. Russell Woolf's Lovechild says:

Phew.

• Paracleet says:

Russell Woolf’s Lovechild puts me in mind of their progenitors performance as MC of the WAFL Grand Final yesterday. Worstalicious.

The fences are dense out in the Valley…

• Frank Calabrese says:

That same fence suffered a similar fate some years earlier by Hank B Marvin’s Daughter crashing into it while roadworks were happening – they were living in Brigadoon at the time.

I see that Derryn Hynch has got a nasty form of cancer known as ‘karma’