Kulcha Vulcha

Here’s me preaching the “Gill sans ultra fuck off” message to the converted at Kulcha the other night. Thanks to Brendan for the pic.

This entry was posted in worst of perth. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Kulcha Vulcha

1. Rob says:

Is it your suit, Kulcha, Gill Sans or you yourself that is the worst?
    It’s unclear from the description.

2. oooer, the eponymous WORST himself in….. a mushroom suit!!!!! Or is it beige!!!! Beige was the new black of the late nineties baby, and we is over that. Given all that, and the front-end loader of self-parody necessary for fronting up anywhere in a mushroom/beige suit, then I suspect TLA was indeed the WORST of night!!!!

3. yeah baby, at least all those free-range polyesters didn’t die in vain.

• From the examples I’ve seen in person, TWOP commenters are some of the last people on earth who should comment on sartorial matters.

• WAtching says:

Like who?

Hmmm?

I like to think of myself as one of the Who’s Who of the seen scene.
        A style king among the tragic Queens crowd.

• Bag O'Turnips says:

If I weren’t so busy with work, I most likely would’ve turned up in a pinstripe or chalkstripe, with matching shirt, handkerchief and tie. I pride myself on my sartorial eloquence, often being termed as overdressed as much as dapper.

I’m of firm belief that clothes maketh the man…well to some extent, as I’m not quite that shallow. But sharp apparel almost always carves a fine impression. I like to be attired with some verve, without being crass: I can wear suits and vivid shirts without coming across as an ill-suited bogan on a spree. Hell, I can wear a white pinstripe suit and get away with it! It’s not as much the cloth, but how you comport yourself, that determines the suitability of attire: a true gentleman will look better in a $150 suit than a bogan in a $1500 jobbie.

I sometimes go to poetry club in some of my better garb, as part of my performance. As well as allowing myself the chance to play the role of Class A Wanker :P

• “It’s not as much the cloth, but how you comport yourself, that determines the suitability of attire:” Yes but the feel of that Zegna ultrafine wool would make a difference to anyone.

• Bag O'Turnips says:

But a bogan is a bogan, Zegna or not.

However, for the rest of us with taste who stump up the readies for a suit of Ermenegildo’s finest merino…

• Natalia Fan #1 says:

WTF are youse guys talkin’ ’bout? Worsted for me…. yee hah hah, see if youse cunts get that one…. oh that’s alright; you’re all hyper-literate, half the reason I’m here – meeting of minds an’ all – shut up NF#1, shut the F up.

Didn’t Paul teach you bumpkins anything ?

5. Bill O'Slatter says:

“Best 30 seconds of my life.” Danny Green.