More Wood Art

Since we were speaking about bad wood art, I remembered I had this. It’s at the Kalamunda Museum, and is quite big. It’s an indigenous type scene rendered in all of WA’s different timbers. When I saw it, I believe most people were trying to think of a polite way to ask whether the artist had used Blackbutt or not. I saw another worst connected item at the museum school, a 1979 School Paper..

This entry was posted in worst art and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to More Wood Art

That’s a superb photoset of Ye Olde Cala Munnda Pissweak World, TLA. My childish memory recalled it as having more earthmoving equipment painted in primary colours, and fewer wheelie bins, but I guess that was just because it was the most dreaded of school excursions.

That Kalamunda Bus Service bus was, I suspect, in service until quite recently.

2. Natalia Fan #1 says:

Please cease with the wood art, please. Despite the bottomless ocean of my irrational hatred, there’s only so much a right-thinking citizen can take.

3. Natalia Fan #1 says:

It’s rare that I moved to poemetry, or eve speech, yet:

Root

He carved it up, he carved it down
    To take the mallee root to town
    In form approved by city folk
    Clock or table, remains our yoke.

Rough edges of the native tree
    Polished hard for you and me
    No fear now you will catch your dress
    On the mallee artist’s fearful mess.

Domesticated, sanctified
    We know the raw wood never lied –
    An honesty that’s most becoming
    More than I can say for youse cunts.

• Natalia Fan #1 says:

TLA – Can I submit a verbal entry for the B&S poster comp? Not saying that “Root” or any other of my assorted rambling are worthy of more than momentary consideration, yet I feel my “writing” is better than my MSPainting.

“Groggily she awoke, still drunk, and pregnant. She knew. Flickering embers were lifted and flicked away by the cruel coldness of the gentle yet insistent breeze. Her reverie was punctuated by the early morning stutter of cold ute engines, and by the bleating of the nearby sheep….”

ute-horns and sheep….”

• Mallee Root oh Mallee Root…
      You walked the streets again last night…

4. munkipants says:

As cheesy as it was, at least the swan logo showed someone might have thought about it for more than the 10 minutes it took to design the smart states 150 logo last year:

5. munkipants says:

yep NF1 – that’s the one that sums up the whole experience of living in QLD!