Park Life

Bento saw this ambit claim for parking, I’m not sure where. Looks like Highgate to me. I would really like to know what the erased words were, since cunt got left in.

This entry was posted in worst sign and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

48 Responses to Park Life

1. shazza says:

Another wonderful worst from the Bento Collection.

So ooshta is the new vibrancy, and cunt is the new please?

I would dearly like to know the back-story for this sign.

2. bento says:

It’s in Lindsay Street, Highgate.

I like to think they employed the strategic ‘cunt’ to establish a firm baseline position, and confirm the hierarchy, leading into the suggested negotiations.

I, too, would like to know the backstory. Given the aggressive/aggressive nature of the sign, I’m not inclined to enquire further.

3. monkeypants says:

to pay credit where credit is due, their spelling is impeccable.

A mystery to rival Rosebud. Perhaps we need Gore Vidal to get onto it. Way too pricey for this dump.

5. flynn says:

all wrong… this is Mr King’s house. That’s the rate per night for all the ladies.

6. Onanist says:

My sources tell me that this is property is part of the William Porteous’ new no-frills real estate agency.

The scribbled out words were an afterthought and did say:
    “Love Willie”.

In much the same way that first language interference often causes Japanese speakers of english to swap l and r, TLA, Korean speakers often swap f and p. On one occasion when my Korean students were role-playing, myself and about half of the students were thoroughly entertained by the others who couldn’t see what was so funny about their statements that they’d parked for too long, and that a parking officer had then given them a parking ticket.

8. Orbea says:

maybe the + GST has been effaced?
    or near offer?

or a directional arrow to a grand cunt?

9. poor lisa says:

It’s near members equity stadium and last saturday there were about 14,000 pairs of middle aged guys in black t shirts around highgate/northbridge on their way to watch the black t shirted middle aged guys in pearl jam play their tuneless dirges. Listening to it from a few streets away, I compulsively repeated the word ‘cunt’. The Lindsay st residents just took pearl jam syndrome a bit further.

10. poor lisa says:

Yeah they were in pairs.
    They were walking v close together but in a I Love You Man way. I imagine by the end of the night they would have their arms around each other’s necks as they sang along to better man. Kind of like rugby fans without the collars.
    They were very clean cut, no skullets.
    When it’s Roger Waters or something like that they are seen in groups of 3 and they tend to be a bit chubbier.

I take it you don’t mean “The Vic Reeves Club Style”:

12. daniel grigg says:

hi,
    my friend and i live there and were annoyed with the amount of people trying to block the drive. we moved our couch onto the verge and watched as people became outraged.
    i’m so proud to finally published

yossarian grigg

13. Daniel Grigg says:

yes, formally from gooseberry hill, bento

my email is dan@teamnihilist.com

email me if you have anything to say

• monkeypants says:

hahahahaha, bento with nothing to say? brilliant. my daily life would be a little lacking if i didnt have bentoisms to read.

• WAtching says:

Yes but what were the crossed out words?
      My money is on FOWF.

• Bento says:

Holy crap. I see Team Nihilist specialise in ‘clothing/accessories/artwork/homicide’. I was going to make a gag about there being no need to be formal, but I’m not sufficiently certain which skill-set you bring to TN, Dan.

I knew your brother, is all. Hope he’s doing well.