Knowledge is Power

Oh my god, finally Japanese speaking skills are being recognised. And car cleaning too! The icing on the cake is that it might even be casual so they won’t  have to waste time on holidays. Maybe they’ll even get to clean a hotted up Skyline! And they said being bilingual was a waste of time. Who”ll be laughing now when this lucky employee gets called to do some translation while cleaning the bugs off a grille?

japanese

This entry was posted in worst advertising, worst sign and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Knowledge is Power

Is no-one thinking of teh TLA?

This is at risk of being the first-ever uncommented post.

Can you imagine the mischief some cold-hearted reporter will have if no-one comments on this?

I certainly kanji.

• Snuff says:

If this prefecture would stop bucking for a moment I might be able to fire one off, DFOC. Actually, I suspect this has less to do with language skills and more to do with an understanding that there’s Australian clean, and then there’s obsessive compulsive Japanese clean. I know whom I’d be hiring.

2. I quite liked this one. Looking for someone menial and yet highly skilled. I’ll never understand what you pigs will like or not like. Too much bickering going on in the essence page.

Lots of links coming in. A mention in Crikey maybe?

3. ljuke says:

I was really excited when I first saw this image because I thought it said “Japanese speaking car”. Then I was let down.

• Snuff says:

I don’t think they make any that don’t speak, Ljuke. As it happens, I had lunch (and got interviewed for Japanese TV), here in Nagoya yesterday. As you can see, R2B1 and R2B2 are talented buggers, whose witty repartee never descends to the foul level of western chefs. Having said that, the TV audience will probably be more amused by my Australian accented Japanese, despite the crew’s reassurances that it was parfucked.

yes, that would be me.

They did a story yesterday about newsreader fashion, so I sent in the Karina Cavalho thriller picture, with accreditation to TWOP, so you may get a few hits.

hopefully they will come for Karina, and stay for Chong

There seem to be a few missing hyphens there. The cars speak Japanese? The showroom is Japanese?

Apologies for not displaying more enthusiasm, LA. I quite liked this one, but had nothing much to add.

6. flynn says:

how does some-one know how to speak Japanese part-time. I would have thought once you have learnt it, wouldn’t you know it full time?

7. Big Ramifications says:

All the Skyline drivers at Curtin University are surly lookin’ fuckers.

You know I’m right.